Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Diapason

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by Diapason »

A rare outing for this. Needs more time than I have tonight, a darkened room and a dose of the melancholies to get the best out of it I always think. Amazing stuff.

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:A rare outing for this. Needs more time than I have tonight, a darkened room and a dose of the melancholies to get the best out of it I always think. Amazing stuff.

Played it the other day as I invariably do. Delighted to know that yourself other than jadarin think this is amazing. One of my all time favourites in this section. Nothing to touch it and poor old Richard has done nothing since to come anywhere near it.....though I love his 'naive' piano skills on Drukqs. When I was in hospital last year I got talking to a nurse who's daughter went out with Richard. I believed her :) She told me that he was working hard on his latest opus which would turn the world of Electronica on it's head. I'm still waiting :(
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I went to an Aphex Twin concert in Chicago once, and it was definitely the most bizarre concert experience of my life. He lay on a sofa, out of sight except for a single hand manipulating a single laptop on a table. Every 15 minutes or so, people in large colourful bear suits would arrive on stage and jump around for a while. Very very strange. This would have been during his drum and bass stage which I found a lot less compelling. I'd love to hear him reach the heights of Selected Ambient Works again.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:I went to an Aphex Twin concert in Chicago once, and it was definitely the most bizarre concert experience of my life. He lay on a sofa, out of sight except for a single hand manipulating a single laptop on a table. Every 15 minutes or so, people in large colourful bear suits would arrive on stage and jump around for a while. Very very strange. This would have been during his drum and bass stage which I found a lot less compelling. I'd love to hear him reach the heights of Selected Ambient Works again.

That definitely sounds like something he'd do! I can just begin to imagine what the Americans thought of his antics LOL! To tell the truth I don't think he had much time for other people outside his immediate circle and tended to take the piss most of the time. Remember his lucid dreaming phase :) And, what about the stylus/sandpaper trick!!! Bleeding ears, how are you! I remember playing a friend his 'musical' attempt at imitating an asthma sufferer. He walked out and went home. Result ;)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
Diapason wrote:A rare outing for this. Needs more time than I have tonight, a darkened room and a dose of the melancholies to get the best out of it I always think. Amazing stuff.

Played it the other day as I invariably do. Delighted to know that yourself other than jadarin think this is amazing. One of my all time favourites in this section. Nothing to touch it and poor old Richard has done nothing since to come anywhere near it.....though I love his 'naive' piano skills on Drukqs. When I was in hospital last year I got talking to a nurse who's daughter went out with Richard. I believed her :) She told me that he was working hard on his latest opus which would turn the world of Electronica on it's head. I'm still waiting :(
Groundbreaking electronic album,where do you start making an album like this??
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image
I let that one go last year :(
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image
Couldn't remember their name the other day so I went for an EmptySet Lp instead! Do you know them John? See next post....