What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Nice one Dermot! I'm seriously tempted myself. Just checked the Tower Records website - 399 Euro for the set.
Thanks Dave.I also got €20 off with my loyalty card :) Having said that it'll probably be cheaper in HMV or Freebird. Didn't get a chance to check as the box was a ton weight.....
fergus

Post by fergus »

Very nice Dermot. My antennae are raised. I wonder will I?!?!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Very nice Dermot. My antennae are raised. I wonder will I?!?!
If you're iffy go for one of the individual albums first and take it from there :) I would have done it this way but I've been waiting so long for this set it was a no brainer little present to my self as a reward for my patience. Imagine, this the very first time I've heard the Beatles as they were meant to be heard - in analogue Mono! Now if only Marie understood :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Forgot to mention this amazing find! Got it in Tower up Dawson way. Heard it was a kind of 'grey area' release and anyone who wanted it were urged to pick it up before it was taken off the market :) Will reveal all in listening thread....It's a live double album. Don't be misled by the title!

Double vinyl set from the archives of oblivion :)
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:Forgot to mention this amazing find! Got it in Tower up Dawson way. Heard it was a kind of 'grey area' release and anyone who wanted it were urged to pick it up before it was taken off the market :) Will reveal all in listening thread....It's a live double album. Don't be misled by the title!

Had it in my hands this morning and put it back! Might pick it up later as I didn't get the Fillmore boxset in the end Dermot.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:Forgot to mention this amazing find! Got it in Tower up Dawson way. Heard it was a kind of 'grey area' release and anyone who wanted it were urged to pick it up before it was taken off the market :) Will reveal all in listening thread....It's a live double album. Don't be misled by the title!

Had it in my hands this morning and put it back! Might pick it up later as I didn't get the Fillmore boxset in the end Dermot.
Shane don't be expecting a Fillmore East topper because it's not! It's actually a live album in said studios in front of a selected audience and recorded by a radio station....the name escapes me. So it sounds like an intimate portrayal of the band in a small venue in front of an appreciative audience. You can really hear Duane and Dickie up close and it is an exhilarating but relaxed performance by the whole band AND it's reasonably well recorded.....

I didn't get the box set either :) BUT that's not saying I will eventually!
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
If you're iffy go for one of the individual albums first and take it from there :) I would have done it this way but I've been waiting so long for this set it was a no brainer little present to my self as a reward for my patience. Imagine, this the very first time I've heard the Beatles as they were meant to be heard - in analogue Mono! Now if only Marie understood :)

Funny that; I am now starting to have the opposite problem in that my darling wife is now starting to ask me to get her some of her favourite CDs on vinyl!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:

Funny that; I am now starting to have the opposite problem in that my darling wife is now starting to ask me to get her some of her favourite CDs on vinyl!!
Ah that's what I like to hear lol!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Re The Beatles mono set, I think I'd rather pick up some of individual albums. Not the biggest Beatles fan and the earlier stuff would be of little interest to me. Certainly Abbey Road, The 'White' Album, Past Masters and maybe Revolver might be purchased.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Re The Beatles mono set, I think I'd rather pick up some of individual albums. Not the biggest Beatles fan and the earlier stuff would be of little interest to me. Certainly Abbey Road, The 'White' Album, Past Masters and maybe Revolver might be purchased.
Abbey Road is stereo only Dave :)

'Not the biggest Beatles fan' Everyone says that ;) Looking at your list above I'd would definitely plump for 'Past Masters' as the cursory listen I gave it had me grinning from ear to ear. Wow!
By the way, even though I love their music from all their phases, I'm not a massive Beatles fan myself BUT........these very desirable releases are of HUGE historical significance, the likes of which we'll never see again in our lifetime :)