Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Adrian

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by Adrian »

Hi Dermot....

Boomkat have one for 19 quid or so............ it was expensive at about 24 euro, but considering the CD was bundled as well I thought I would give it a go. The CD is also in the shop, for around 14 euro ( I think).

The booklet inside is a big let down, you would get more artwork if they had left a 3 year old loose with some crayons, but no somebody had a brighter idea............ 8 pages of effectively bland blank minimalist pages......

The album cover itself has more "going on" than the entire booklet multiplied to the power of infinity, nuff said.

But the music.............. well that was a different story!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Following up........... on the TT............. Loscil Sketches from New Brighton. Not bad,,,, but nowhere near as good as Coast.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Hi Dermot....

Boomkat have one for 19 quid or so............ it was expensive at about 24 euro, but considering the CD was bundled as well I thought I would give it a go. The CD is also in the shop, for around 14 euro ( I think).

The booklet inside is a big let down, you would get more artwork if they had left a 3 year old loose with some crayons, but no somebody had a brighter idea............ 8 pages of effectively bland blank minimalist pages......

The album cover itself has more "going on" than the entire booklet multiplied to the power of infinity, nuff said.

But the music.............. well that was a different story!
Thanks a million for that Adrian! It's been in Tower for ages and two copies at that :) 'Tis a pity that the booklet doesn't live up to the gorgeous sleeve :( Might just give it a Boomkat punt.....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Following up........... on the TT............. Loscil Sketches from New Brighton. Not bad,,,, but nowhere near as good as Coast.

I had my doubts about that one Adrian. Thanks for reinforcing them :)
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Picked up in Tower recently for 11e...............Amelia Cuni Werner Durand. Already awake in the night..LP
Style of ............Indian Classical, Drone, Minimal, Experimental.

It's easy on the ears, good background music whilst you aredevoted in deep thought about the meaning of life for the next five to ten years?? etc etc..
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Kompakt .............. Total 12... not bad at all... some catchy tunes

Wrapping off the evening with............

Christopher Willits.............. Tiger Flower Circule Sun

Jury is out on this one.......... will require a much closer listen, starting to improve........ but the first 7 tracks did not really impress unfortunately, fortunately another 7 tracks to go to help make my mind up....
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

That Chris Willits CD turned out o.k. in the end............. transformed itself after track 7...........

Finishing off the evening with The Field............... From here we go sublime.............

And I am enjoying it..................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:That Chris Willits CD turned out o.k. in the end............. transformed itself after track 7...........

Finishing off the evening with The Field............... From here we go sublime.............

And I am enjoying it..................
I must check them out Adrian....Wonder will the Electronic scene stagnate a bit in 2013? But then I say that every year!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Dermot.......... I have always enjoyed various albums of The Field...

I suspect the major change of 2013 is more music shops will shut their doors.................. unfortunately. Everything is going online these days...including Goverments.