JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by sbgk »

uploaded v19 more logging removed, -q opton added to disconnect from console, virtualallocex added, monitor thread disabled

use -q to disconnect from console, otherwise will operate as normal

-l for listing devices now works
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:ok was trying to find out the boundaries of the settings

-a 0 -b 300:300
was the lowest that played

have tried (that worked)
-a at 0,1,5,9,10,11
and -b 300:300, 300:448, 448:448, 500:500, 1000:1000, 1000:2000

only gave em a quick blast but gut feeling was lower values seemed better but buffer deteriorates sq under around 448's i think (needs more testing)

one thing thats very noticeable MQn vs JLP
mqn has a raw dynamic attack, bass clearly defined and more detail,
JLP's bass is smoothed out not as dynamic,
think these are timing issues, fix timing might fix all
couldn't get it work with less than -b 1000:1000
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

LowOrbit wrote:Gordon

I have got v18 to start. My feedback is I feel this is the wrong approach. The beauty of using LMS is it becomes transparent, accessible via remote control on my android phone and I can run headless.

Squeezelitev18 seems to require me to run a batch file to get it to start, which means I need a keyboard and monitor connected (even a graphics card, oh the horror!), and then it won't let me stop tracks once started. Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear anything worth choosing this version of v17 (which is very good).

Interested in other's opinions, but by seeking to de-function LMS aren't you just going to end up back at MQN. Seems counterproductive to me (at least for what I want which is great SQ combined with at least a basic level of remote functionality so I can run headless).

Mark
I can control it ok from lms web control, just the local player settings don't work. have made the disconnect from console optional by using the -q setting
jrling

Post by jrling »

I have got v18 to start. My feedback is I feel this is the wrong approach. The beauty of using LMS is it becomes transparent, accessible via remote control on my android phone and I can run headless.

Squeezelitev18 seems to require me to run a batch file to get it to start, which means I need a keyboard and monitor connected (even a graphics card, oh the horror!), and then it won't let me stop tracks once started. Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear anything worth choosing this version of v17 (which is very good).

Interested in other's opinions, but by seeking to de-function LMS aren't you just going to end up back at MQN. Seems counterproductive to me (at least for what I want which is great SQ combined with at least a basic level of remote functionality so I can run headless).

Mark
Low Orbit - I was about to post the same feeling myself.

Whilst we all massively appreciate Gordon's tireless quest for perfection in SQ, with Squeezelite the main attraction over MQn is its usability. I have yet to try v18 or v19, but each version seems to have removed another Squeezelite ease of use/control. I also have to admit now to being totally unaware of which functions work. If I gather that one cannot stop a track once started playing, for me that might have reached a tipping point of functionality removal.

Purely my personal view of course, but if nige2000 is having difficulty getting it working, then I know that something's up!

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
tony

Post by tony »

Purely my personal view of course, but if nige2000 is having difficulty getting it working, then I know that something's up!
Jonathan
Nicely summed up. Sitting on fence still in relation to this. have tried to read myself into it but would concur if Nigel struggling either more direction is needed or a rethink in the direction this is going.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

I've just posted the v19 release above that makes the disconnect optional.

I have just tested remote control using orange squeeze and it started and paused ok.

As I said before my focus is on SQ at the moment
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jrling wrote:

Mark
Low Orbit - I was about to post the same feeling myself.

Whilst we all massively appreciate Gordon's tireless quest for perfection in SQ, with Squeezelite the main attraction over MQn is its usability. I have yet to try v18 or v19, but each version seems to have removed another Squeezelite ease of use/control. I also have to admit now to being totally unaware of which functions work. If I gather that one cannot stop a track once started playing, for me that might have reached a tipping point of functionality removal.

Jonathan
i didnt know how to implement the bat files, regardless they didnt have the right pathway
when i start my lms i have to start squeezlite with the start.bat file then alls good
and i can guarantee i make plenty of stupid mistakes:)

im sure all these things could be added back in later (have you tried jplay streaming now thats torture to set up)

i think we need to get to mqn standard first, if that means doing without the jazzy interface for some testing im happy enough with that

if we end up with MQn 2.7x and a MQn KS extreme edition and a fully integrated squeezelite/local player LMS with MQn/JLP engines
theres much to be exited about

version 19 looks good, dynamics are back but need more detail and bass definition (which could be the same problem)

anyway alls good

SQ first
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
Jonathan
Nicely summed up. Sitting on fence still in relation to this. have tried to read myself into it but would concur if Nigel struggling either more direction is needed or a rethink in the direction this is going.
come on guys SQ first
we'll work though the problems
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:I've just posted the v19 release above that makes the disconnect optional.

I have just tested remote control using orange squeeze and it started and paused ok.

As I said before my focus is on SQ at the moment
Here also using iPeng, start/pause/stop just work OK.

Need to manually start LMS and then start-squeezelite-batch, but after that all functions normally with the remotes I use.
You have to change the start-squeezelite-batch to have the right path to squeezelite-win and edit the output device to the name of your device. The squeezelite-win.exe -l command line option will show you the available devices.

No need to get nervous, as Nigel and Gordon say: get the SQ to MQn level first.

Cheers

Aleg
Last edited by Aleg on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

nige2000 wrote:john have you compared 10 0x0 with 18?
i didnt get a chance to yet
Yes I have. Sql v18/19 (can't hear any big differences) + portaudio v17 souds best so far imo, but... portaudio100x0 has more microdetails.
Still don't know what to choose :)
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)