MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

"@cvrle59
Could you make shure that UAC, firewall, smart screen filter is off and you are logged with an administrative account. Does it work then with Windows 8.1? Please check if the above mentioned actions happen when using "Activate Hotkeys" option.
Switching the actual version of mqnplay.exe only works when all alternative versions are located in the same folder like mqnload.exe and the naming scheme is exactly what sbgk determined: E.g. "mqnplay.exe 2.70 sse2". Maybe it doesn't work, because you have renamed these files!? If you have left all untouched and still does not work, send me a PM."

I created regedit key you mentioned earlier, and I got pretty much everything working.
I don't know how much is to make these hot keys configurable. For example I configured CTRL-ALT-X to call mqn.bat shortcut, and I like it a lot. Once I press CTRL-C, I do not move my hand at all to activate player. I find this much more convenient than F9. I would not get rid of CTRL-C, as someone asked for earlier. Why, I am not sure how you can make something new to work with different software. I find JRiver to be perfect place, much easier than Windows explorer, to locate albums playlists and tracks, and I press CTRL-C, then CTRL-ALT-X , so the magic start right away. If you change CTRL-C to use mqnload instead, you may shake these features in JRiver or some other software that people may use for browsing. It requires extensive testing to make sure that all the options work. Something to think about.

Otherwise, Thank you so much TAGGART for your effort to help first of all to SBGK, and to all of us!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

I only had time to test MQNLoad for a very short time, but I noticed that Alt-SPACE is not a convenient hot-key for those working with headless machines.

The Alt-key tends to activate the menu-bar outside the RdP-client, so you cannot activate the configuration screen.

So either configurable hotkeys or something within the range Ctrl-keys would be best.

Otherwise an extremely useful program

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

if everyone is happy with 2.71 intel, I'll base the 24 bit version on that. Don't think raw or background/other add anything useful.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

im still holding a candle for 2.71 raw and raw background
raw background has a flaw very odd time it cab be a little boomy, despite that still my fav

preferred 2.71 v2 over v1

Are we casting a vote if so

raw background>raw>V2>V1
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:im still holding a candle for 2.71 raw and raw background
raw background has a flaw very odd time it cab be a little boomy, despite that still my fav

preferred 2.71 v2 over v1

Are we casting a vote if so

raw background>raw>V2>V1
What! Have we forgotten how well 2.66 v2 intel sounds. If there is a choice I would go for v2 of 2.71.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

I'm still stuck on 2.71 Raw Other - I know it's not the consensus choice, but it works for me.

The other versions are "smoother" and easier to listen to (without sacrificing much in the case of V2). Raw Other just digs up another layer of separation and detail.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

2.71 v2 and 2.71 are great. either is fine for me. actually raw is also great.
2.66 v2 is smoothest. has issues...
also like mfence. also has issues...

think 2.71 v2 is current best compromise.
adolfo.a.aguiar

Post by adolfo.a.aguiar »

sbgk,

It seems there is something wrong with mqnplay.exe 2.71 atom. It doesn't play and its size (84K) is different from the other versions (80K). Please check.
SDTrans384 with 1X5V and 3x3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Soekris DAM1021 Rev2 with +-12V and 3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Salas hotrodded DCB1, LM3875 Gainclone and IPL Acoustics S2TLM transmission line speakers
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

2.71 intel is fine, there isn't going to be consensus over which is best ,so go for it on the 24bit version and we'll all argue later. If you can similar performance out of 24bit that would be perfect.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
taggart

Post by taggart »

Thanks guys for all that feedback. It's very helpful.
This morning I've still found two bugs: Switching mqnplay version while playback is running could cause mqndeamon to stop working and sometimes mqnplay would load the audio files but doesn't play sound. I already know why this happens and will fix it with the next version. For now, switch only mqnplay version when playback is not running.

Like cvrle59 has stated correctly, eliminating the use of Ctrl + C is not a good idea. I was already asked that before.
If the files are in clipboard I can read them via Windows API and it is not important from where the files have come. But if Ctrl+C isn't used, mqnload.exe needs to "know" what files are selected by the user. This is still possible if you use Windows Explorer but I can not count on that, because there are uncountable other programs out there (Total Commander, JRMC etc.).

If you don't like mqnload and want to uninstall it, you can do the following:
- call options dialog by either Alt+Space and uncheck all options and confirm with OK (this deletes all registry settings)
- delete the folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\MQnLoad"
- delete mqnload.exe

If you want to use context menu entries in windows shell you need to be logged on with an administrative account and User Account Control (UAC) must be set to off. The registry settings that makes the context menu entry ("MQn") visible are located under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Standard users have no write access here.

I've already asked Pearse for an example hires file that is not played correctly. I'm pretty shure that the cause can be found.

And with one of the next version I'll make the hotkeys configurable. I've already noticed that fixed hotkeys aren't suitable at all.