MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Many Thanks Taggart that's great work.Flac files playing fine for me now. Think I still need to go back and read the quick file again as I missed the options on the first opening of mqnload.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I can get HotKeys for MQnLoad to work with W7, but W8.1 is not responding. Anybody had this issue yet?
It seems to be that MQnDeamon doesn't get loaded for some reason.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

cvrle59 wrote:I can get HotKeys for MQnLoad to work with W7, but W8.1 is not responding. Anybody had this issue yet?
Not sure but on 2012R2 the first double click of MQnload don't seem to work hence I never get to that point. Is that happening to you also?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

tony wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I can get HotKeys for MQnLoad to work with W7, but W8.1 is not responding. Anybody had this issue yet?
Not sure but on 2012R2 the first double click of MQnload don't seem to work hence I never get to that point. Is that happening to you also?
When I called it for the first time, I did get into dialog box, and after that if you click twice, it would start to play right away. I doesn't react to HotKeys at all. I guess you saw it, that you can access into that dialog box from "a side". You need to go to command mode "CMD", and to position to the folder where MQnLoad is, then call "MQnLOad -config" from command prompt. This will get you to that dialog box again. My problem is W8.1 only, again, in W7 everything works fine. I didn't try all the options, but basic is there. I focused to W8.1, I use that computer to play music.
I hope I understood what you asked me for.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

Hi Understand alright need to go back to it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip didn't notice it appear at the side will try it again tomorrow.It works as per normal mqn bat file and plays flac so some steps forward for me.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Great Work, Thanks Taggart
ALT-space brings up MQNload dialogue box anytime after first starting it
Last edited by jkeny on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I found part of the problem, MQnDeamon did not get installed because of Windows Smart Screen was on. So I turned it off and I copied MQnDeamon from my W7 machine. I have to start it manually to get HotKeys to work now. I don't know how to make it to load automatically when you reboot computer, it's not a service, and it's doesn't go into Start-up folder.
The next issue is, how you change versions of MQnPlay. It would always load the one called MQnPlay.exe located in folder with MQnLoad. When I run dialog box with ALT-Space, I can see all the versions, and I can switch between them but they do not get loaded according to my selection. If I delete MQnPlay.exe, playback won't start at all. I am missing something here.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk!!!! please make 44, 88, 176, 352, 444 versions of MQn!! also 80, 160, 320, 640.

after listening to the lekt's players, now i am convinced different DAC has the own best buffer pattern.

maybe that's why the vocal always lacks a little something in each MQn version for my DAC. buffer size!

i think it just happens that your DAC's best buffer already matches MQn buffer. 512/1024/2048.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Anyone tried AMD Ramdisk yet? First 2GB are free...

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/ ... rview.aspx

Hm, after doing some more reading this looks *very* cool:

Tutorial 1

http://youtu.be/xhtfMGUTLEA

Tutorial 2:

http://youtu.be/8xYSvmP_tUU

Unfortunately my amp is out of commission for a few days so I can't test. But I bet it will be great for audio playback.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
taggart

Post by taggart »

Thanks guys for all that feedback. As said it's a beta version and I've expected some issues, but I'll try to address everything that isn't still working.
First of all I must say that I assumed all of you are using a dedicated Audio PC. That means at least, that you don't have any firewall active, UAC is disabled and you are logged with an administrative account. But I also will try to figure out why mqndeamon.exe isn't working on Windows 8.1. Maybe there is something important, I've missed on that OS. I've tested on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2 so far.

mqndeamon.exe
It shouldn't be necessary to copy mqndeamon.exe from one PC to another. This executable is compiled as a resource into mqnload.exe and is written as a file to disk, as soon as you select "Activate Hotkeys" in options dialog and click OK. In general, if you select "Activate Hotkeys" the following happens:
- mqndeamon.exe is written to "%LOCALAPPDATA%\MQnLoad (normally this is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\MQnLoad).
- in Registry an entry in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run is created for Autostart after reboot.
- mqndeamon.exe is started
When you deselect this option, the following goes on:
- mqndeamon.exe is stopped if running
- mqndeamon.exe is deleted
- above mentioned Registry entry is deleted

@tony
Which option do you miss?
If first double click doesn't bring up the options dialog, please delete "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\MQnLoad\mqnload.prfs" and try again. Does this work?

@cvrle59
Could you make shure that UAC, firewall, smart screen filter is off and you are logged with an administrative account. Does it work then with Windows 8.1? Please check if the above mentioned actions happen when using "Activate Hotkeys" option.
Switching the actual version of mqnplay.exe only works when all alternative versions are located in the same folder like mqnload.exe and the naming scheme is exactly what sbgk determined: E.g. "mqnplay.exe 2.70 sse2". Maybe it doesn't work, because you have renamed these files!? If you have left all untouched and still does not work, send me a PM.
Last edited by taggart on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.