MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

LowOrbit wrote:Just had a quick listen.

2.71 8.1-R2 Raw Other - Wow. Balance is a little bright but the level of detail and musical "speed" is exciting. Makes me want to give up work for the afternoon and turn the phone off, for some serious listening.
That's the one I haven't tried yet. So, you just made me to...:)
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

2.71 win 8.1-R2 raw other is really, really terrible.
Fat sound, no detail, unmoving and slow.
Lost all of its PRaT.

Back to 2.71 raw

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:2.71 win 8.1-R2 raw other is really, really terrible.
Lost all of its PRaT.

Back to 2.71 raw

Cheers

Aleg

haha

don't hold back!!!!! :):)

i havent tried it yet ill probably feckin like it!!!
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Back to 2.71 raw

Cheers

Aleg
Hi Aleg,
I was listening last night 2.71 raw for the first time. I am still debating between Intel, Raw and V2. I need to listen more to get better feeling. BTW, what preamp/amp/speakers are you using with nDAC? I have posted quite a few times on Naim forum about MQn to make people aware of it, but most of the people are Mac users, no too much interest in Windows player. Do you swing to that forum at all?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

cvrle59 wrote:

Back to 2.71 raw

Cheers

Aleg
Hi Aleg,
I was listening last night 2.71 raw for the first time. I am still debating between Intel, Raw and V2. I need to listen more to get better feeling. BTW, what preamp/amp/speakers are you using with nDAC? I have posted quite a few times on Naim forum about MQn to make people aware of it, but most of the people are Mac users, no too much interest in Windows player. Do you swing to that forum at all?
My main room system is:
  • SonicWeld HR2 usb/spdif converter with JCat USB and Naim DC1
    Naims DAC + XPS-2 with HiLine
    NAC-152XS + HiCap DR
    NAP-155XS
    Wilson Benesch Square Two with NACA5

Yes, I do frequently visit the Naim forum and sometime let myself be dragged into fruitless discussions with bits-are-bits adepts ;-).
I used to try to increase interest in Jplay as a Windows player, but as you say people are either interested in the Naim streaming products and/or are often Mac users and there is not much interest in frontline computer audio for Windows.
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:
Lost all of its PRaT.

Back to 2.71 raw

Cheers

Aleg

haha

don't hold back!!!!! :):)

i havent tried it yet ill probably feckin like it!!!
Sorry Nigel, to be so blunt. It comes with the nationality (wink-wink nudge-nudge).

But I wouldn't mind it at all if you would like it, so don't feel 'intimidated' :-).

It just doesn't suite my system, music and preference.
I'm really astounded by how much difference these versions have, because I did like the previous Win 8.1 - R2 versions, but not these.

So don't let me put you down.

Cheers

Aleg
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

It seems to be wasting time. I don't understand of spending so much money for expensive precision devices, and not taking advantage of chip or free (still) upgrades.
Have you ever done any comparison with Mac computers, and players running on them to let's say JPlay or MQn? I am wondering if people are so much about nice looking computers and interfaces or they sound good too. I use window for leaving, so I just don't have desire to have another OS in my close proximity.

I saw your answer to Nige2000. I would add to it, no Naim owner would like ticks (fat) and slow sound.
taggart

Post by taggart »

MQnLoad 0.9.13.1029 beta
As announced few weeks ago, here is a first beta version of MQnLoad.exe. It was developed by using Windows API only, as a native x64 application and has no runtime dependencies. It is small in size (<100Kb), very efficient and will be terminated as soon as the loading/configuration procedure has completed. MQnLoad is an alternative for MQn.bat.

With MQnLoad currently you can do the following:
a. Selecting one or more files to play
b. Selecting one or more folders to play
c. Selecting one or more files to add*
d. Selecting one or more folders to add*
e. Selecting one m3u playlist to play
f. Selecting one m3u playlist to add*
e. Automatic and hidden convertion of flac, m4a (Apple Lossless), wma and mp3 files
Therefore the appropriate decoders must be installed in "\Codecs" subdirectory (see below for more information)
f. Changing version of mqnplay.exe by dialog (current version is also shown)

*Due to the technical approach of MQn it is not possible to add files to running playback. Adding files means, that the selected files are marked as selected and are played as soon as the next play command is executed. This allows to play files, that are located in different folders, in one go.

Additionally you get the following advantages:
a. Cleaner installation directory, only mqnload.exe, mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe only are needed to play wav files
(Some additionally needed files are created on-the-fly when using mqnload.exe)
b. Possibility to play or add files with different types in one go
c. Special letters of title names are displayed correctly in console window used by mqncontrol.exe
d. Replay the latest selection of files or folders without the need to reselect
e. Error dialog of Windows Error Reporting (werfault.exe) is closed automatically when next play command is executed
f. Hotkey support for playing or adding files from clipboard (F9=play / Ctrl+F9=add)
g. Context menu entry ("MQn") in Windows Shell
h. Display dialog for selecting mqnplay version and to set options by either "mqnload.exe -config" or by hotkey (Alt+Space)

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J
Please read the contained Quick Start Guide for further information and let me know what you think!

Cheers, Christoph
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

Taggart this is just great! Thank you.
Now MQn is almost complete. If I could ask you for including M4a container (but not that apple's one).
I have almost all my music encoded with Nero AAC @500 kbps (wav quality and small file size)
Best M4A decoder so far IMO is FFMPEG.exe (better than SOX and these from Rarewarez).
Here is always newest Win build: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Excellent job, really.

Another thing, can't run 2.71 intel raw, is that version for win8?
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

fantastic stuff Taggart
this will be great
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's