MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: MQN

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: Is that another one? I have used raw Ok checked it out see there is two more to download!
Ah Tony, it's already an hour old - try to keep up :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:
tony wrote: Is that another one? I have used raw Ok checked it out see there is two more to download!
haha

many times ive tested versions then go online to give feedback to discover theres a new set of versions...
ahhh!!!!........... back to the drawing board

like these recent versions
been a good few days for MQn
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
I am bleedin tryin it don't get any easier. Cut paste move usb key to audiopc cut paste rename copy. Will need an ssd shortly to house all these versions!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Prefer 2.71 no raw of the three new versions today, the other two sound the same. Very much diminishing returns territory.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Today's versions are step back IMO. I didn't even try raw other, but I did background raw and no raw.
The sound is tick and slow, details lost, no texture on the bass, the bass is bumy on some critical tracks, focus on voices is kind of lost, voices are not sweet any more.... I just don't like them.
I am back to my hero, 2.71 intel or V2 to enjoy some music. 2.71 intel can get into the heart of the music.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

{Moderator Note: I've moved this thread back to General for the time being until everyone has access to the Computer Audio.}
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Thanks simon

I have to try no raw yet
But I did think that raw last night sounded very real

Just thinking about how increasing the ability to display higher resolution of these 16 bit tracks
will have negative effect because they will display every recording and mastering errors
do we want studio monitor's?
Do we want colored sound?
any thoughts?

As Jack Nicholson says "you cant handle the truth!!!!"

applogies for the bad film quote cant help myself sometimes

not that I think raw Is perfect or anything
what is perfect anyway?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I need to spend more time to listen tonight, but I did not like the bass at all, I mean in the "background" versions.
If you can make my Naim/Harbeth combo to deliver bummy bass without texture, especially with acoustic bass, something is definitely wrong.
SBGK will understand why, I guess.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

[quote="nige2000"]Thanks simon

I have to try no raw yet
But I did think that raw last night sounded very real

Just thinking about how increasing the ability to display higher resolution of these 16 bit tracks
will have negative effect because they will display every recording and mastering errors
do we want studio monitor's?
Do we want colored sound?
any thoughts?

quote]

If we can achieve that level of replay I will happily live with the imperfections.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Just had a quick listen.

2.71 8.1-R2 Raw Other - Wow. Balance is a little bright but the level of detail and musical "speed" is exciting. Makes me want to give up work for the afternoon and turn the phone off, for some serious listening.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s