JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
erin

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by erin »

Thanks to the guys who replied to my question regarding getting JLP player running.
Its now working and sounding very good.

When I was running squeezelitewin.exev17 I was able to change the output settings in local player so that I can use my USB converter.

I have now installed squeezelitewin.exev18 and I am still getting audio through my USB converter but now on the local player does not have options to change the output device settings.

I have stopped and started LMS a few times but the option does not come back.

Is this intentional in v18?

Its not a major issue because I am getting audio out of the device that I want to use.. but I still would like to know why.

If anyone can advise me that would be very nice.
thank you.
There is only so much cake in the world!
When the greedy people want to have more than their fair share, then there is less cake for everyone else.
Buy locally.
Build locally.
Grow locally.
Share locally.
Results in a fair slice of the cake for everyone.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

erin wrote:Thanks to the guys who replied to my question regarding getting JLP player running.
Its now working and sounding very good.

When I was running squeezelitewin.exev17 I was able to change the output settings in local player so that I can use my USB converter.

I have now installed squeezelitewin.exev18 and I am still getting audio through my USB converter but now on the local player does not have options to change the output device settings.

I have stopped and started LMS a few times but the option does not come back.

Is this intentional in v18?

Its not a major issue because I am getting audio out of the device that I want to use.. but I still would like to know why.

If anyone can advise me that would be very nice.
thank you.
If you back up little bit, and follow story about .bat file which calls squeezelite-win.exe, you will find answer to your question. When you call it with that batch program you actually passing your device as a parameter to the SL-win. The second .bat is used to list your devices, that you can paste into the first one, but it didn't work. The only way for me was to run one of the old versions to read exact name of my device, and I inserted it into that .bat, everything came to normal.
I hope this helps.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote: can you post what your bat file looks like ?
are you still not getting anything out of the -l option, squeezelite will have to be stopped before you run -l
Sure, here it is:

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin\squeezelite-win.exe -o "DAC (3- Music Streamer II+) [Windows WDM-KS]" -a 11 -b 1000:2000

pause
(without PAUSE too)

-l gives me nothing (server stopped, even tray icon disabled etc. - just tried everything) I think SQL hungs in some way.

John

For me, the squeezelite-win.exe -l only works with the original squeezelite-win, not with the ones modded by Gordon.
So I just copied the original back for the purpose of listing the devices.

Could this work for you as well?

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

can someone explain the settings to me
e.g -a 11 -b 1000:2000

a/latency=11?
b/buffer= 2000/1000 which is 2ms right?

sorry taking a long time to sink in
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:can someone explain the settings to me

a/latency=11?

-b x:y

x=stream buffer (minimum 1000)
y=output buffer

both in kb

shall fix the -l and make it an option to disconnect from the console
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:can someone explain the settings to me

a/latency=11?

The latency is in ms, which can contain a different number of samples depending on sample rate.
The buffers are in kB, which contain a different number of samples depending on bit-depth.

So I feel it is difficult to get some form of synchronisation between latency and buffersize because the vary with different valuetypes. To complicate things further, my DDC measures buffersize in terms of ms.

So I think you'll have to have a different combination of -a and -b for each combination of sample rate and bitdepth.
Hmmmm, maybe a smart batch command that read sample rate and bitdepth from the metadata?

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Gordon

I have got v18 to start. My feedback is I feel this is the wrong approach. The beauty of using LMS is it becomes transparent, accessible via remote control on my android phone and I can run headless.

Squeezelitev18 seems to require me to run a batch file to get it to start, which means I need a keyboard and monitor connected (even a graphics card, oh the horror!), and then it won't let me stop tracks once started. Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear anything worth choosing this version of v17 (which is very good).

Interested in other's opinions, but by seeking to de-function LMS aren't you just going to end up back at MQN. Seems counterproductive to me (at least for what I want which is great SQ combined with at least a basic level of remote functionality so I can run headless).

Mark
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

Aleg wrote: John

For me, the squeezelite-win.exe -l only works with the original squeezelite-win, not with the ones modded by Gordon.
So I just copied the original back for the purpose of listing the devices.

Could this work for you as well?

Cheers

Aleg
Aleg,
Thank you so much. This resolved my problem.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

ok was trying to find out the boundaries of the settings

-a 0 -b 300:300
was the lowest that played

have tried (that worked)
-a at 0,1,5,9,10,11
and -b 300:300, 300:448, 448:448, 500:500, 1000:1000, 1000:2000

only gave em a quick blast but gut feeling was lower values seemed better but buffer deteriorates sq under around 448's i think (needs more testing)

one thing thats very noticeable MQn vs JLP
mqn has a raw dynamic attack, bass clearly defined and more detail,
JLP's bass is smoothed out not as dynamic,
think these are timing issues, fix timing might fix all
Last edited by nige2000 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

john have you compared 10 0x0 with 18?
i didnt get a chance to yet