MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Thats good news. I noticed goonheaven reporting that 53 was his favourite. That was the version that blew me away first time. Do others thing that the versions since are continued improvements? People seem to be starting to pick favourites. Personally I need to go back when I have more relaxed time and try and compare the various versions.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

2.59 Beats any version I've heard - including 2.53. I see pearse saying to make sure you download all the files from scratch, not just the exe.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Fran wrote:2.59 Beats any version I've heard - including 2.53. I see pearse saying to make sure you download all the files from scratch, not just the exe.

Fran
there was a update to the control file awhile back that will have improved SQ
also make sure your using the right one for your cpu 2 or 4 core affinity

no harm in downloading them all anew

Anyone still require me uploading as im getting lazy at it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Modest

Post by Modest »

nige2000 wrote: Anyone still require me uploading as im getting lazy at it
Yes ,please Nige . Your dropbox is very handy place :)
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
tony

Post by tony »

I have had my usual issues. Download the files but wouldn't play.Reboot seems to generally sort it. Most issues on the laptop where on occasion it would work for a couple of tracks then refuse to work until I either created a new folder or picked another version to try. All part of the fun and more than likely down to my ability to always pick the wrong option.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Really is quite something.

I had similar things Tony when I loaded up the new 2.59 8 8 mqnplay.exe file.

It wouldn't run at first (command window flicks on for a sec then gone). Did a restart, then it worked but stopped 20-30 secs into the first track. At the same time I got a message that fideliser was running. I forgot that I had put a scheduled task on for fideliser to start 30secs after boot up...... Disabled fideliser and it works perfectly now. So there is something that fideliser turns off that 2.59 needs.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Glad you acknowledged that Fran as I think people who have never touched this need to know that odd things will happen but they are surmountable. The important thing for anybody considering this is that this is not mad raving it really sounds very special. Fergus you heard it a few honest comments would be appreciated especially considering you have no affinity to this type of playback.
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

tony wrote:I noticed goonheaven reporting that 53 was his favourite.
That is ancient history, a whole 3days ago.. sbgk is releasing versions are being released than I can play em.
Today, 2.59 8 8 is my current fav, with 2.58 sse4 intel tot align a close 2nd.
Tomorrow, it will probably be 2.71 47 11 LOL

Goon in mqn heaven.
tony

Post by tony »

goon-heaven wrote:
tony wrote:I noticed goonheaven reporting that 53 was his favourite.
That is ancient history, a whole 3days ago.. sbgk is releasing versions are being released than I can play em.
Today, 2.59 8 8 is my current fav, with 2.58 sse4 intel tot align a close 2nd.
Tomorrow, it will probably be 2.71 47 11 LOL

Goon in mqn heaven.

Know the feeling. I am too busy enjoying 2.58 something to stop playback and try the latest. How long can these upgrades continue?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

uploaded 2.59 sse4 intel 8 8 awhile ago if thats still the best one
Last edited by nige2000 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's