Birthday coming up!! Forum meet up!

Dowser

Re: Birthday coming up!!

Post by Dowser »

Damn, wont be able to make it on this weekend, and really wanted to hear the stacked 57s. Have a great one, your hospitality is legendary!

Richard
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ah what a pity - but sure, I'm sure there'll be more occasions. Did you get your geddon sorted out?

BOD, James, etc thats great - looking forward to seeing you all..... eh, better make sure my TTs are up to scratch!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I'll have room for 3/4 if anyone needs a lift from South Dublin.
I'm near LUAS and buses.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

I might take you up on that offer Ivor. Will confirm for sure later.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

I'd love to try to come; if only i can find a way to conect from BART to DART...

-b

oh, and paula says happy new year.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote:I might take you up on that offer Ivor. Will confirm for sure later.
Great. Depending on who else needs a lift I may be able to swing into the south city centre.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Indeed Barry - its a pity you're not closer!! You could advise me on some of the finer tuning points on the stacked quads. Hi & happy new year back to the missus....

I've subbed in the Pass F5 for the EL84 aqnd indeed it does sound better - tighter on the bottom and cleaner in treble. I'm in the act of making a new F5 for them - hope to have it finished for the meet up...

Fran
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Fran wrote:... Did you get your geddon sorted out?

Fran
Not yet - need to order a new transformer. Currently using my 2nd TT; Fons F830 with Grace G707 arm and Shure MM. Actually very nice, not near LP12 standards, but much better than expected. I will be swapping the Grace onto the LP12 at some point to see how good an arm it is.

Richard
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

OT I know, but what about using a site transformer - you know the yellow boxes that builders have - they output 110v and are usually 3 or 5 kVA. A big dropping resistor then to tune the feed voltage back to just above where she'll reliably start?

Fran
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Continuing OT: What a remarkably good idea! Where do I get one, and at what cost though?!

Cheers, Richard