RTE1 B/H Monday @ 6.30

tweber

Re: RTE1 B/H Monday @ 6.30

Post by tweber »

Should be an interesting watch, thanks. Supposedly some unseen footage/interviews in it. Ghost Blues is another doc well worth seeking out on Rory.

Not sure about his superstition/religious aversion to recording Robert Johnson songs but he certainly performed Walkin Blues in his live set alright
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:04 pm Should be an interesting watch, thanks. Supposedly some unseen footage/interviews in it. Ghost Blues is another doc well worth seeking out on Rory.

Not sure about his superstition/religious aversion to recording Robert Johnson songs but he certainly performed Walkin Blues in his live set alright
Forgot about that one! What’s your take on the ‘wrong’ speed Johnson? I don’t know what to make of it! How come it’s only coming out now? Didn’t Sam Phillips do something similar with the Elvis Sun Sessions? On the other hand why can’t they just leave things alone? Next thing we’ll hear is that Sabbath were recorded at the wrong speed too 😂 AI overload here we come.
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:30 pm
tweber wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:04 pm Should be an interesting watch, thanks. Supposedly some unseen footage/interviews in it. Ghost Blues is another doc well worth seeking out on Rory.

Forgot about that one! What’s your take on the ‘wrong’ speed Johnson? I don’t know what to make of it! How come it’s only coming out now? Didn’t Sam Phillips do something similar with the Elvis Sun Sessions? On the other hand why can’t they just leave things alone? Next thing we’ll hear is that Sabbath were recorded at the wrong speed too 😂 AI overload here we come.
Weren't Sabbath supposed to be plated backwards?

Not sure about the Robert Johnson thing tbh. I've read about it before and some of his contempories said he sang like that so he could be heard on the street or in noisy jook joints. Probably more to do with the recording technology of the day...apparently 78rpm actually meant different things depending on the record company. Could also be to do with trying to fit all of a song on in one go, apparently he had to shorten or change tempo of some songs to fit them onto the recordings. Either way, I'm with you on the leave them as they are opinion Dermot.
Haven't read the Julian Vignoles biography(the Marcus Connaughton and Jean-Noel Coghe ones I have).
cybot

Post by cybot »

For the day that’s in it.

Derek

Post by Derek »

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Derek

Post by Derek »

He recorded a version with the great Bèla Flek, it’s on the posthumous album RORY
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.