Go BIG or go HOME... Class A amplification done Lifepo4 style

frd1996

Re: Go BIG or go HOME... Class A amplification done Lifepo4 style

Post by frd1996 »

Good stuff Nige. Fingers crossed for the quick completion of the build.

F
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

looking like great progress!!
Do or do not, there is no try
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

Santa's elves are busy :)
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

testing and we got sound
assembly tomorrow
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Bah Humbug Ken has beaten us to it!! I suppose that means he has to go on tour to demonstrate what
we are all missing??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Yea these are on there way home now
Needs a bit of tidying in the new year

On the short listen we had I think there exceptional
And better than expected
We put the Toshiba mosfets in it too

Temperarure wise I think they will level out at about 30-35 degrees c

I was tempted to keep them for a couple of days stability testing but that wasn't going to be an option
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

The new amps have arrived home after a few arduous weeks , especially the past few days when we worked like dogs to get finished. A big thanks to Nige for his patience and his not photographing any of my DIY butchery. Numerous holes were drilled where they need not have been , taps were broken, heatshrinking had to be redone etc but it was was all worth it in the end, despite the price of 40 batteries! I'm just enjoying the music but I'll update later and of course listeners welcome.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Ken Moreland wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:28 pm The new amps have arrived home after a few arduous weeks , especially the past few days when we worked like dogs to get finished. A big thanks to Nige for his patience and his not photographing any of my DIY butchery. Numerous holes were drilled where they need not have been , taps were broken, heatshrinking had to be redone etc but it was was all worth it in the end, despite the price of 40 batteries! I'm just enjoying the music but I'll update later and of course listeners welcome.
That's great Ken will be down for a listen but they need to travel also! We need to be sure they work with Quads!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I think they'll handle the quads fine
They seem to have plenty of gusto
In a few areas I thought the gb amp was better than the class a prototype
This thing seems to be the best of both thus far
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

more photos

lol i dont think the sqawks out of my test 10 quid dac and test speaker was filling ken full of confidence
poor speaker couldn't handle the bass in any shape or form