Devialet Phantom

james

Re: Devialet Phantom

Post by james »

They are going to be sold in apple stores [but for the moment just a tiny number in THE usa]

http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/apple- ... wzh70:EPil

and here is a rave review [in a non-hifi magazine] ...

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/review-devialet-phantom-2/

I missed the the show in Cloneys [and I don't need a new set of speakers] but the specs are unreal ..

".....
The Phantom boasts some insane numbers: 16Hz to 25kHz ± 2dB, 20Hz to 20kHz ± 0.5dB. While the highs and mids are certainly as good as advertised, it’s those infrasound waves that drop jaws and defy logic. In recordings ranging from classical to jazz to rock, the low end sounds dead accurate. On hip-hop recordings, though, the bass is so overpowering it’s almost unnerving. Blame the studio engineers and producers who boost the bass levels on their recordings, knowing most people will be listening to their music over cheap buds. This sonic boom is reproduced by the Phantom with unfailing precision. Some will reach for the iTunes equalizer. Others will just smile and turn up the volume.
..."

JAMES
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Maz65

Re: Devialet Phantom

Post by Maz65 »

I listened Phantoms a couple of months ago, in an intensive session: our Vitus dealer exhibits a complete Devialet catalogue in his shop.
Phantoms (listened both models) was sounding with Devialet iPad application and a NAS.
After the listening session, I switched to a pair of Elac loudspeakers in order to bring me back to another level of refinement in sound.
My opinion is the technology behind the Phantoms is very, very promising. But at the moment I consider them like a toy for audiophile standards... I will follow the next steps: we are only at the beginning.
My two cents ;)
Dgt: MSB Analog,MacMini,Audirvana+,HQPlayer Analog: Technics SL1210mk2, Dyna XX2 Mk2, Lehmann Decade Amp: Spectral DMC 15SS + Spectral DMA 200S2 Spkr: Wilson Sophia 3 Cbl: Spectral UL-38 HD/MIT SL-Matrix 26