I'd love to go if there's room.
Could bring my Arcam D33 DAC.
Cheers,
Gerry
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Ivor

Re: Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote:Cheers lads. Saturday week, 5th July, looks the most likely date so far. Tony has confirmed that he'll bring the Lampi and some Meridian thing.
Bring longish interconnects too as I've none spare.
I'll be in England. I leave the country at most once a year and you pick the one weekend I'll be away. I can take a hint.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor wrote:
DaveF wrote:Cheers lads. Saturday week, 5th July, looks the most likely date so far. Tony has confirmed that he'll bring the Lampi and some Meridian thing.
I'll be in England. I leave the country at most once a year and you pick the one weekend I'll be away. I can take a hint.
It was Tony who suggested that date so...what's he up to I wonder?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote:
Ivor wrote:
It was Tony who suggested that date so...what's he up to I wonder?
he's probably selling something.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I may be in a position to come to this... however I will have to confirm later. Cheers!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I have a NOS dac that I rate pretty highly - I think I could be free to come along if its useful?
Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Sounds good Fran.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:
Ah well sure I can always collect that hannibal lecter for the day en route over to sunny malahide.
Dave was keen to hear the LZ and it is the only weekend I can do it over the next 5 weeks. Sorry Ivor.

BTW Dave it is a Meridian 596 bought on strength of hearing it with Maciej's LZ L2.8. They cost lots in their day but can be had for very little money now. I got Sebs as he needed to get a new toy and it was surplus!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Dave , I'll pop along and bring Hugo, to enjoy the fun. The preferred interconnect is USB but the coax digital input might be a bit tight, Toslink is fine. Maybe someone will bring a PC.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Sounds good lads. Looking forward to it. I think its better to go with a good ol' fashioned CDP as a transport otherwise time would be taken up with ripping CDs.
Most of my CDs are classical but there is a small bit of jazz/blues/rock stuff there too but the best of that lot is on vinyl.