Looking for the highend hifi/AV rack

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Komornick

Re: Looking for the highend hifi/AV rack

Post by Komornick »

Still looking...
MooseTrackz

Post by MooseTrackz »

what do you picture as the ultimate unit your after?

any particular materials that you have your heart set on?

any style that piques your interest?
ooooooooooooooooooh i like that
chief chef

Post by chief chef »

hi is this still for sale ?
Komornick

Post by Komornick »

Still looking.
Komornick

Post by Komornick »

BUMP !!!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Fi Rack (2).JPG
Hi Fi Rack (2).JPG (18.78 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
Hi Komornick,
I see you're still searching. I have recently sold my higher end kit (lack of use) and my rack is now surplus to requirements. It stands 31 inches high, has 5 shelves which measure 21.5 x 19.5 inches.The gaps between the bottom and next shelf is 8 and the others are all about 5.5 inches. Shelves are black and nicely bevelled. The construction consists of 4 steel legs which run within spacers to define shelf height; each is bolted to give rigidity.

There is some chipping on the leading edge of the bottom shelf and the imprint of equipment feet may be detected on some shelves. I have cleaned the unit but made no attempt at touching up the chips.
I bought the unit from Cloneys about 11 years ago; unfortunately I do not remember the brand. I would hope to get c.€150 for it - about half what I paid. Have tried to insert a photo. If you think you might be interested, send me a PM.

Regards,

Nigel.
Keep Doing The Fun Stuff.
plunkfra

Post by plunkfra »

Hi Komornick,

Ash Design Cosmic 4 AV rack. Width 1100mm; Height 680mm; Depth 560mm. Frame is powder coated acoustic steel with a solid wood (ash) front; shelves are toughened glass. A beautiful piece of furniture. I have PMed you separately with some more details.
Attachments
Slide1.png
Slide1.png (112 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Darek

Post by Darek »

If you are interested I can build for you Hi-Fi rack to your specification, It can be build from any available timber for the shelf.

I'm using anodized aluminum profile they can be fill up with quartz sand to eliminate unwonted vibrations.

That one on the pictures is made from oak and I have it at home if you like to see it you are more than welcome.

Size is only limited by available material sheets and your imagination max length of profile 1200mm.

Thank you

Darek

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Komornick,
E mail and requested photos sent.

Nigel
Keep Doing The Fun Stuff.
Komornick

Post by Komornick »