Pono launches on kickstarter

jkeny

Re: Pono launches on kickstarter

Post by jkeny »

Yep, Fran, that struck me too & it also struck me that we have moved pretty far along this path - I wonder where on the path the Pono would sit?
Maybe we should give Neil a call & invite him to the next audio meeting for an evaluation?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Yep, Fran, that struck me too & it also struck me that we have moved pretty far along this path - I wonder where on the path the Pono would sit?
Maybe we should give Neil a call & invite him to the next audio meeting for an evaluation?
not may of our solutions would fit in your pocket though
for all the world looks like an ipod glued to a meridian explorer

id imagine it would weigh in around a battery powered rpi+i2s dac in SQ?
cant see why it wouldn't.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
ckspeakers

Post by ckspeakers »

Hope the Pono has a large capacity......... just to hold all Neils feedback!
tony

Post by tony »

ckspeakers wrote:Hope the Pono has a large capacity......... just to hold all Neils feedback!
Hehe Brillant maybe the post that will kill Pono! I hope Letterman or one of the other tv jocks use that when interviewing him about it.

As Fran pointed out great that somebody in the industry hopefully well know enough makes enough noise to wake people up
to the potential of better formats. I wonder would he be interested in the CA thread? or maybe MQn for playback?

I did notice that Elliot Roberts is involved and he managed the The Cars back in 1978 so seems to be very few young one's involved in this.
Just the usual suspects in the music game that made money over the years. Hopefully they are doing it for altruistic reasons?

Personally I think it is dead in the water with the shape but hopefully I am proved very wrong.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:
jkeny wrote:Yep, Fran, that struck me too & it also struck me that we have moved pretty far along this path - I wonder where on the path the Pono would sit?
not may of our solutions would fit in your pocket though
for all the world looks like an ipod glued to a meridian explorer
I don't think this will comfortably fit in your pocket either. Ever tried to carry a toblerone in your pocket :)?
id imagine it would weigh in around a battery powered rpi+i2s dac in SQ?
cant see why it wouldn't.
On paper, anyway, it would seem so.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I don't think this will comfortably fit in your pocket either. Ever tried to carry a toblerone in your pocket :)?
Well at least it won't melt like last time!! ;)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
MooseTrackz

Post by MooseTrackz »

tony wrote:
Hopefully they are doing it for altruistic reasons?
I didn't think you could use those two in the same sentence (altruistic & Just the usual suspects in the music game that made money over the years)
ooooooooooooooooooh i like that
JAW

Post by JAW »

A bit more on Pono. I'm intrigued!!!

http://hub.audiogon.com/blog/2014/03/11 ... March-2014
tony

Post by tony »

MooseTrackz wrote:
tony wrote:
Hopefully they are doing it for altruistic reasons?
I didn't think you could use those two in the same sentence (altruistic & Just the usual suspects in the music game that made money over the years)

It is the music business sure you can put any combination of words in once you convince the punters to pony up!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
MooseTrackz

Post by MooseTrackz »

tony wrote: the punters to pony up!
Don't you mean pono up?
ooooooooooooooooooh i like that