High End Turntables

cybot

Re: High End Turntables

Post by cybot »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Do keep an eye on http://www.audiolincs.comas well, Jim does tend to (currently) stock the kind of "exoskeletal" designs rather than the ones you seem to like but I'm sure he can source anything you want. He's a good guy and I trust him 100%. Probably worth an email.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cheers Ivor. I do keep an eye on that site alright. Never had any dealings with them though. I also see that Kronos have both the Roksan and Palmer decks. Feckin hell I'm gonna have to start saving!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote: Never had any dealings with them though.
It's Jim & Linda Bourke, Jim is an elder statesman of the UK hifi industry and an absolute gentleman. Quite a bit of my system has come from him and he's never steered me wrong.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Does a Michell Gyrodec sound good? I always thought they looked the business.

Phono stage in the Devialet gets great reports...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

What about a good "vintage" TT Dave?
A good classic might surprise you. Eg a well fettledThorens 160 with a good arm can knock an average sondek out of the park.
And a Lenco deck can sound stunning, as I've recently discovered.
Picked one up recently for not a lot of money.
The quality of materials and engineering is super.
Hard to get close to these days for mid range money kit being discussed above.
Going this route can free up € for a better cartridge.
Just a thought. :)
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
tony

Post by tony »

Don't think a CA box can compare to the art above. When listening to some music the other night on vinyl on Pearse's
new TT found myself looking at the turntable while listening. The CA box doesn't invoke that reaction.
Even a crocked TT not connected but spinning might suffice to invoke the magic without the hassle.Sure wouldn't even need a phonostage!

Not a great photo but the Jadis CDP kinda comes close. I think that one comes in at €20k odd so link to image is the closest I will get to it

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

tony wrote: Not a great photo but the Jadis CDP kinda comes close. I think that one comes in at €20k odd so link to image is the closest I will get to it

Jadis make some of the nices looking and sounding amps out there bu that CDP is horrendous. Whats with the toilet seat they have bolted on top!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Ah just as well I didn't go ahead and order it after that comment.Never would have been able to view it as an objét de Art.
Maybe this does it more justice but I think I have just been put off that design for life!

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.