On-wall speakers

jaybee

Re: On-wall speakers

Post by jaybee »

I have the system Audio's...

SA Talent

They are vastly better than the Monitor Audio mini monitors they replaced....
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's interesting Jaybee. Ta!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

they can be wall hung or shelf mounted too, the have a sloping baffle when shelf mounted or flat when wall hung....
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Actually, my brother has a pair of these!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
DNT

Post by DNT »

Probably too late with this comment, but I have a pair of B&W speakers in the wall in my kitchen. I bought them in Cloneys. Had to be planned and wired at time of building, but work and sound great. I had planned another pair for the extension, but when I tried them, they could be heard in the garden! I had great fun patching up the holes in the plaster in a brand-new room!
Kitchen ones are currently fed from a Sonos amp, so I have access to everything and they sound fine.

DNT
Seán

Post by Seán »

My apologies Simon, I don't know how I missed this thread, I should have responded earlier, I have B&W speakers in the ceiling in my kitchen and on the landing and they are very good for the price. Demo can be arranged if you want to hear and see them?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks all. My original question was motivated by the purchase of a TV (for an area off the kitchen) that didn't have speakers, and I was thinking of putting together a little hifi in said area to cover all the basic requirements. As it turned out, a set of speakers that attached to the TV came as part of the deal so the problem kind of went away. They're working fine, and I haven't yet found a way of justifying a hifi in there, so that's that for now!
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Diapason wrote: haven't yet found a way of justifying a hifi in there, so that's that for now!
must be losing the edge Si, must say I was always in awe of how much hifi got the seal of approval from the boss in your house....

apparently my system Audio's are "too seventies" for the new house....

can't find any late georgian/early Victorian models!!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

jaybee wrote: must be losing the edge Si, must say I was always in awe of how much hifi got the seal of approval from the boss in your house....
Oh I'll get there in the end, don't you worry!
jaybee wrote:apparently my system Audio's are "too seventies" for the new house....

can't find any late georgian/early Victorian models!!
Sonus Faber...?