Munich High End 2013 Photos

Ken Moreland

Re: Munich High End 2013 Photos

Post by Ken Moreland »

i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Their amps seem fairly old fashioned compared to the exotica generally on display. The cd players and dacs are trying to compete alright with the rest of the bling. Whatever about heading down to the rds or a local hotel I don't know if I would want to travel to munich for what is in effect an over the top show on equipment I could never afford and probably wouldn't buy if I had the cash.
Last edited by tony on Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i asked on the jplay forum what the configuration was on the jplay stand for the demo, as nice as it may be be i think id rather have somewhere to live.
as you could buy a house with same money, surely there cant be too many people that can afford this sort of stuff.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'm only on Page 3 (seems fitting!) but there's the occasional product in there I could conceivably afford. I suppose the eye is drawn to the outrageous stuff anyway, but there's also the fact that this seems to be THE big high-end show in Europe, and it stands to reason that it's the place for the serious money stuff to get some exposure. I firmly believe that these things are priced in such a way that a mere handful of sales means instant profit for the manufacturers, and that there's no question of recouping R&D costs spread over years and all that other stuff. One hedge fund manager takes a shine to your bling and you're quids in.

Of course I say that in the true spirit of Irish begrudgery simply because I'll never be able to afford it.

Anyway, great photos. I do love a bit of audio pr0n!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Actually, I must admit that my head has been somewhat turned by the new Devialet stuff. I loved the D-Premier when I heard it, but with pricing in the Stratosphere it was never going to cross my radar. The new stuff is a lot closer, though.

I *may* have to borrow the 110 at some point (I'm sure Cloney will get one) and see how it compares to my valves. In many ways I'll be really disappointed if it's better, because as much as I like the "lifestyle" look, where's the GLOW?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

I wonder is the maximinus Marcin's dac or just 'borrowed' for the show. A bit disappointing that the heroes on wigwam felt the dac lost out to the turntable. I haven't checked the price of that no doubt it is above the €24k dac. Silly me I always thought Bulgaria was a slightly poor country. The 6moons review of the thrax dac with the photo's of the workshop etc are a sight to behold. I never realised John worked in a facility like that when assembling his dacs! very impressive from an engineering and R&D point of view.

Re the devialet I know the feeling Simon I am starting to question whether getting the primaluna back working was the right route!
Where is the man who posted the original munich show link gone in all this? Just lays the mine and disappears? Maybe he is the dark horse chomping at the bit ready to splash out on the 7ft focals.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

7ft Focals would be nice but I'm saving up to go to Maplins. I think the Thrax belongs to Rainer Weber a Jplay forum member/poster and tech director of Kaiser loudspeakers. http://www.kaiser-acoustics.com/en/comp ... ut-us.html take a look at their site and see where the money is. The pics from the show look brilliant but I think a lot were taken on trade days and I heard that the place was packed to capacity when the unwashed were allowed in. There were a lot of manufacturers there for a supposedly dwindling industry and all making good money by the look of things.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Did you see the post from the wigwam lads pointing out a delegate as head of denon and who spent €220k (yes read that again) just to ship his western electric system to the show - for the craic!
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:7ft Focals would be nice but I'm saving up to go to Maplins. I think the Thrax belongs to Rainer Weber a Jplay forum member/poster and tech director of Kaiser loudspeakers. http://www.kaiser-acoustics.com/en/comp ... ut-us.html take a look at their site and see where the money is. The pics from the show look brilliant but I think a lot were taken on trade days and I heard that the place was packed to capacity when the unwashed were allowed in. There were a lot of manufacturers there for a supposedly dwindling industry and all making good money by the look of things.
KM
the funniest thing is maplins isnt exactly cheap either, but you could buy a lot of linear power supplies with same cash
but i do like the look of the focals even if they look like they were in dr who.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Most pertinent point re the 'great unwashed' which I hadn't picked up on was the lack of numbers. I was actually still imagining how hard it would be to spend a day or two going around a glossy event like that even with the numbers that appear in the photo's. Imagine it thronged ?? Hell on earth.