Organ recitals in May, including... ME!

jaybee

Re: Organ recitals in May, including... ME!

Post by jaybee »

can I get a backstage pass?
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote: Edit: thank you, Fergus, I appreciate that. You've heard me play 2 of these pieces before, but the others should be new. I'd originally programmed some Buxtehude with you in mind, but it wasn't working out for me so I've moved back to the trusty Bach!

Oh.....I will sit on the wall outside so!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Diapason wrote:If you think you could stomach it at all, I'd strongly and heartily recommend Olivier Latry in the opening recital. He's one of the top of the top, and a very exciting player. One thing I'd say is that organ concerts tend to be a lot more involving than organ recordings.
Is this actually on today? It seems to be being kept a closely-guarded secret: it wasn't in "The Irish Times" listings last Friday ("The Ticket") and this thread is the only reference I can find on the internet!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ciaran wrote:
Diapason wrote:If you think you could stomach it at all, I'd strongly and heartily recommend Olivier Latry in the opening recital. He's one of the top of the top, and a very exciting player. One thing I'd say is that organ concerts tend to be a lot more involving than organ recordings.
Is this actually on today? It seems to be being kept a closely-guarded secret: it wasn't in "The Irish Times" listings last Friday ("The Ticket") and this thread is the only reference I can find on the internet!
The publicity has been virtually non-existent from what I can tell. There's a smallish poster in front of the church, and that's about it.

Anyway, Siobhán Kilkelly is giving today's recital, and having popped in to hear a few bits and help with checking balances yesterday, it promises to be a very enjoyable recital. The music is mainly French or French-inspired and from memory the programme includes Lemmens, Elgar, Franck, Lefebure-Wely, Vierne and Alain. I'm hoping to make it myself, work permitting.

I'm up next week, and will need to do a lot of work between this and then!!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I'll do my best to get to you! I was about to book for a lunchtime concert in the NCH next Tuesday when I remembered! Have I missed Latry?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ah, confusion reigns! Latry is playing in the series Jared posted about:
http://www.cirencesterorganfestival.co.uk/

We're at a slightly different end of the market in Monkstown!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Ah, that explains it! I couldn't believe you would have somehow enticed him to Monkstown and then given him zero publicity!
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Nice work Si,

Particularly enjoyed the franck!

well done!
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you Jaybee, and thanks to those who came along. I really appreciate the support.
Jared

Post by Jared »

Very pleased to hear it went well, Simon... well done.