Is it me?

fergus

Re: Is it me?

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote:I marked my 'return' to CM with an indulgent purchase of the Pletnev LvB cycle (I will NEVER have enough...), but, really, I do have enough and I am not looking to indulge much more except when new releases come out which tickle my fancy

I think that I recall you making similar utterances in the past my friend LOL!

Unfortunately this pastime seems to invariably turn into a compulsion!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote:I marked my 'return' to CM with an indulgent purchase of the Pletnev LvB cycle (I will NEVER have enough...), but, really, I do have enough and I am not looking to indulge much more except when new releases come out which tickle my fancy

I think that I recall you making similar utterances in the past my friend LOL!

Unfortunately this pastime seems to invariably turn into a compulsion!
Now listen guys, we can't ALL stop/ reduce buying at the same time, the 'Recent Purchases' thread will become a wasteland, with tumbleweed blowing down its streets!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
Now listen guys, we can't ALL stop/ reduce buying at the same time, the 'Recent Purchases' thread will become a wasteland, with tumbleweed blowing down its streets!!

Never give up I say!!!
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Never give up I say!!!
agreed, the collection is slowly being shaped and honed as I want it... it's very rewarding to see.

In the light of what you say however, is there any point is attempting to spot bargains for the thread for you Irish boys, if the vendors are reluctant to have them posted across the sea?
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

I think it depends on what you're looking for, over the past number of years I've only come across a handful unwilling to ship to these shores. Interestingly I've never been declined from the US, only the UK.
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Jared

Post by Jared »

jaybee wrote: Interestingly I've never been declined from the US, only the UK.
that might be down to the reputation of the Irish postal service... ;-)
Seán

Post by Seán »

jaybee wrote:I think it depends on what you're looking for, over the past number of years I've only come across a handful unwilling to ship to these shores. Interestingly I've never been declined from the US, only the UK.
and fr and de...sheeesh!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:

TBH Jared it is considerably better than Royal Mail. I get CDs quicker from Korea than I do from London!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
In the light of what you say however, is there any point is attempting to spot bargains for the thread for you Irish boys, if the vendors are reluctant to have them posted across the sea?

Do not stop your recommendations. One can always enquire as to whether the seller will change his mind and ship....this has happen in the past for me.
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Jared wrote:

TBH Jared it is considerably better than Royal Mail. I get CDs quicker from Korea than I do from London!
I'm quite sure that's the case Fergus... I was only pulling your collective legs... ;-)