Cable Burn In Service

Ivor

Re: Cable Burn In Service

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Of course at that point in time I didnt realise that a preamp was also needed.
Only if you are using more than 2 sources. The ATM1 has 2 inputs so can be used as a "sort of" integrated.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Tony, the amp is a Unison Research S2K ( http://www.stereophile.com/thefifthelement/726/ ) currently driven by a Benchmark DAC1 via the Nanotec interconnects. I find the Nanotecs make the best of the bass compared to various others I have tried. Some day an AirTight perhaps.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I really must borrow those Nanotechs sometime...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Your welcome. I will let you know when I have used andys machine.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Andy S wrote: If anyone has a new or burnt in cable that they want me to burn/reburn in on the this machine I will be happy to do so for €7.00 for 24 hours or €10.00 for 48 hours.

Regards.

Andy
I picked up a pair of Nanotech interconnects from Andy yesterday after a week of burning in. Admittedly a week is probably overkill but Andy was away and then I wasn't around to collect so it just worked out that way... it certainly won't do any harm.
As yet I've really only spent a few hours listening to these newly burnt-in cables but the improvements are both subtle and tangible. I already had huge detail in my system but following the burn in we're into levels of detail that are almost distracting. There's also a clearer sense of air and space around the soundstage and better "speed" (for want of a better word). Listening to the system I felt the interconnect had been given the dyna-rod treatment... an audiophillic enema of sorts!
Given that most of us spend significant money on cables it makes sense to spend a few bob on getting those cables working to their full potential
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable