Antivirus/protection software for a pc

Fran
Site Admin

Re: Antivirus/protection software for a pc

Post by Fran »

I'll have a look tomorrow in work and see if I can find it - although we have a very slimmed down version of outlook (joys of a zealous IT dept.) and it might not be there. What version of outlook are you using? Also might be worth searching on youtube for "disabling mcafee add-on in outlook".

Separate issue:

However, one thing I would say to you is to watch your outlook settings. Depending on them, if you have a hard drive failure (a "when" not "if" occurrence) you can lose all your emails with outlook. Make sure in the preferences that outlook doesn't delete the messages on the server. This way, at least you can go into your emails via the website and get access to your emails.

Gmail is great btw, something to consider long term.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Rocker

Re: Antivirus/protection software for a pc

Post by Rocker »

Rocker wrote:An interesting problem has popped up! When I load MS Outlook an information box/alert advises me that the McAfee Add on for Outlook is missing. I can press the OK button to proceed.

Anyone got any ideas where this Add on is located and how to disable the reference to it.
Finally 'cracked' this one! On the McAfee website a help sheet suggested searching for all [including hidden files] copies of EXTEND.DAT and deleting them. Worked a treat.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!