For folks sake....

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: For folks sake....

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:22 am
A sublime listen played by amazing musicians from "Rollercoaster Records" based in Kilkenny. This needs to be shared among us few with the time and temperament to apricate it, (that's us retired from the weekly pay-packet kind of people),
I've been listening a to it a bit myself.. I have to be in the right mood to do it justice.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JAW

Post by JAW »

Derek wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:54 pm I remember Gaye and Terry Woods, wasn’t Ed Deane with them back then.
Yes, he was, along with Pat Nash on drums.
Derek

Post by Derek »

I’ve an Ed Deane album here somewhere, I must dig it out.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Dunno if this is folk and I hadn't heard it in years. I came across it on You Tube and wish I had a copy. Paddy Glackin appears to play the tunes "straight" and Jolyon Jackson works his magic around them. An album full of surprises and humorous takes on familiar tunes.
Jolyon Jackson taken from us far too young at 37.