What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:00 pm Image
Mr. Weller's still got it. Loving this so far
Another artist I turned a blind eye to. Ah well…
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber

Post by tweber »

Reminds me of the likes of Big Star etc. but also why REM were so great in their own right
Derek

Post by Derek »

I never came across that Lizzy version of Dr Who. I love it when bands / artists have a blast at something outside of their comfort zone.
I remember many moons ago, probably mid '80s, in The Stadium the support band to Huey Lewis & The News, said they were taking a break and cranked out half a dozen TV add jingles, mad.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Giant Sand - Heartbreak Pass.
A 2015 offering from Howe Gelb and friends recorded all over the everywhere, Italy, Greece, Belgium, Germany, UK, Canada, Croatia and of course Tucson Arizona, I'm sure I missed a couple and despite all of it's wide spread offerings, it's stitched together pretty well by John Parish.
I've just now become a fan all over again.

In the sleeve notes; "Management: hasn't happened yet...maybe one day".
several artists appear; "courtesy of their own damn selves".
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Derek wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Giant Sand - Heartbreak Pass.
A 2015 offering from Howe Gelb and friends recorded all over the everywhere, Italy, Greece, Belgium, Germany, UK, Canada, Croatia and of course Tucson Arizona, I'm sure I missed a couple and despite all of it's wide spread offerings, it's stitched together pretty well by John Parish.
I've just now become a fan all over again.

In the sleeve notes; "Management: hasn't happened yet...maybe one day".
several artists appear; "courtesy of their own damn selves".
I love Howe Gelb and I have several records of him solo and with GS. I also had the opportunity to watch him live a couple of times in Italy. A brilliant person, songwriter and performer. I first heard of him thanks to the tribute (the inner flame) that he organised for his friend Rainer (Ptacek, a great musician himself who died shortly after the record was issued). And that tribute record is superb, with an impressive list of musicians covering some of the best songs of Rainer (who also plays on some of them).

Best
Max (spin the black circle)