What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

Heaven sent :)

Derek

Post by Derek »

Does it sound any better Dermo?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

.sjb
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:59 pm Does it sound any better Dermo?
Glad somebody asked! The remastering is exemplary (Barry Grint (Alchemy Mastering). The live album sonics are literally frightening and also shows just how tight a unit they were. On one track I thought somebody from next door was trying to knock the wall down! Then I realised it was only Ward's pummelling intro to Iron Man lol! The general presentation overall is again exemplary. However the only blot on an otherwise magnificent set is the Quad-folded-down-to-stereo mix of the original album. Should have been left off. To finish: if you're a Sabbath fan, lapsed or otherwise, you would be absolutely bonkers to ignore this set! I almost did and only two days since I got it I'm still getting nightmares at the thought! So there you go Derek 🎸
Derek

Post by Derek »

Good stuff Dermot, I’m a bit of a hit and miss Sabbath fan, some of their offerings leave me decidedly meh!👿 If you don’t mind my asking where did you manage to get it?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Derek wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm I’m a bit of a hit and miss Sabbath fan, some of their offerings leave me decidedly meh!👿
Sounds to me like you are a bit Paranoid!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm
Derek wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm I’m a bit of a hit and miss Sabbath fan, some of their offerings leave me decidedly meh!👿
Sounds to me like you are a bit Paranoid!
Good one ☝️
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 pm Good stuff Dermot, I’m a bit of a hit and miss Sabbath fan, some of their offerings leave me decidedly meh!👿 If you don’t mind my asking where did you manage to get it?
Derek, I got my copy from Juno UK. I'm sure there's other cheaper options. They used Fedex this time whether I liked it or not. About €20 extra. I know! I didn't really care where I got it from as I suddenly wanted it badly (once I made up my mind with a little nudge from a friend). The best decision I've made all year. Totally confounded my expectations. Don't trust record companies you see. The Live stuff as I already said turned everything else upside down. This I didn't expect as Sabbath wouldn't be that great shakes in the improv. department. This doesn't mean that they suddenly turned into John Coltrane's lol! It's hard to explain but once heard you will never forget the motherfu#king heaviness of these ugly mutts properly captured in a live setting. Ward is positively demonic on the drums. Absolutely brilliantly captured. Remember also that the first double live helping was recorded about a month before the album was released in Montreux. Lucky feckers! It must have been absolutely mind blowing. The other set was recorded in Brussels less than a month after its release. So it's absolutely prime Sabbath. Savour this before you die. You heard it here first :) And to think I was an equally ugly 17 year old when I heard it first at a friend's house on his new fangled portable cassette machine along with Watt, Free Live, Zep 4 and Machine Head. I still ask the question as to how he knew what to buy as we were both complete novices. What an introduction though 🚀

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/black-s ... 788116-01/
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Dermot, after that review I'm tempted to buy it myself! Great stuff!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:47 pm Dermot, after that review I'm tempted to buy it myself! Great stuff!!

🤓🤓🤓🤓