A turntable, finally?

Derek

Re: A turntable, finally?

Post by Derek »

That was quick, a nice shiny new addition. 👍
Time to update your signature.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Long may it spin! Peter Green would be a very appropriate addition to the start of your vinyl collection. God bless him......
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Looks great Simon, it should give you a long service.

It looks like a Sumiko Bluepoint N°2 fitted.... am I correct?
Let the Good Times Roll...................
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Nice one Simon. I'll be honest, I'm a bit shocked that you actually went through with it. I hope it brings you many years of pleasure. Dont try and compare it with CD, just enjoy the experience. If you get hooked on it, then little else compares in Hifi in my experience.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you. I moved quickly before I changed my mind, Dave, as I thought I was in danger of talking myself out of it on the one hand or talking myself into a massive audiophile purchase on the other. I think this is the right level for us at the moment, the system it's in probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of much better tbh. And I wasn't joking that Hazel was the main driver here. She's much more decisive than I.

The cart is an Elys 2, Adrian, basically the package that's currently the one on the go is the one I bought: https://www.whathifi.com/rega/planar-3-elys-2/review. I have such little knowledge here that I was just looking for the easiest option for now, and this seems to tick the box. I'm not sure I'm ready to get into cartridge alignment and such delicate matters, so I'm glad this came pre-fitted in the box.

In the wider sense, I don't really want to compare to digital because that way leads to madness. I love digital and I'm not stopping streaming or anything of the sort (I'm listening to Qobuz right now and it sounds great). The "problem" is that I never listen to CDs any more, and that means I'm slightly robbed of the ritual of the whole thing, and less likely to listen to full albums. I'm hoping this will help me return to active listening, rather than passive consumption of music in the background. I'm actually interested myself to see whether I get hooked or not. Time will tell.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

FB_IMG_1595780670075.jpg
FB_IMG_1595780670075.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Congrats on the purchase!!!

The advice is all good - sit back and enjoy!
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:26 pm FB_IMG_1595780670075.jpg
Bloody brilliant! I'm sure the lads behind the various record shop counters over the centuries used to omit an inner curse when they saw me coming " Is it coming out on Vinyl?" The cheek 🙄
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Hi Guys
Interesting indeed. Grateful if you could send link for Rathangan shed.
Thanks
Alan
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Saxman wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:26 pm Hi Guyst
Interesting indeed. Grateful if you could send link for Rathangan shed.
Thanks
Alan
On facebook its VintageVinyl.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable