Devialet 120 Expert...

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
patbarrydub

Devialet 120 Expert...

Post by patbarrydub »

Comes with mm/ mc, boxed, gloves, manual, remote, has a dac and WiFi streamer in it, vgc, €1495.
Diapason

Re: Devialet 120 Expert...

Post by Diapason »

Between this and the Krell you're really putting temptation in my way here...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

Ha, I aim to please! I still have the Krell integrated which has seen off a lot of competition, it’s not the best amp in the world by a long shot but I like it, particularly the big soundstage, Devialet is very good too, super bass response, could maybe do a trade for your Copland, good amp I’d imagine (trying to think if I had one of them before or not!).
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

The Copland is lovely (and I stuck in some new valves recently which upped its game a little more). Tone is good and it's a joy to use in terms of quality feel, so I'm not sure why I'm getting itchy. Also the phono stage is meant to be handy and I keep threatening to get a TT. Thing is, I sometimes think I'd like a bit more grunt as those Sonus Fabers are thirstier than you'd expect (I find that with nearly all SFs actually). Plus there's the age-old desire for the novelty of change...

Are we both mad? Probably!

The "problem" is that the amp in that system is used for everything in the sitting room and is nearly always on. TV, radio, CD, streaming, the works. The Devialet I've tried before in a different system and I was impressed by it. I'd love to hear it in this system but it doesn't have enough analogue inputs for it to be a straight drop in, so that makes things slightly awkward. The Krell might work more handily if it doesn't get too warm being in use all the tube (?) although then I'd be giving up the easy phono option. Still, SF and Krell was always a classic combo by all accounts. I actually borrowed a 400xi from Cloney a few months back and was slightly underwhelmed. I certainly couldn't justify changing the Copland for it. Maybe the newer 300 would be better?

If you want we could arrange a temporary swap just to give us both a chance to check out something different and see how they sound? Well and good if that leads to longer-term plans we could talk, but it might at least give us both a chance to see what kind of thing we might want next?

It would all be a lot easier if Dun Laoghaire were closer to Dundalk!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

My folks are up on Avondale Road although don’t get up too often but soon maybe, I much preferred the s300 over the 400 (tried a black one before), the s300 were designed in US but manufactured in China which put some people off, reviews weren’t great but who takes any heed of them! I’ve bought a top of the line Art Deco 20s which are more efficient than the 8s @ 91.5 dbs so a valve amp would suit (although the Copland is just valve pre isn’t it?). All the best.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Avondale Road is within staggering distance! Also, we might be popping up to Termonfeckin soon to visit our favourite potato grower (I'm not even joking) so we could do something I'm sure. The Copland is a hybrid design, valves are indeed only in the preamp stage, but it retains a bit of a valvey sound. Keep me posted anyway.
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

I just had a look that 28 is an old one yeah, I got mixed up with a 402, think I definitely did have a 28 before, there’s one on Ebay at the minute and coincidentally the dealer I bought the Deco 20s off has it!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4203226522
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's the one. I imagine it's the kind of amp that's been on many shelves!
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

This is no longer available guys cheers.