Looking for ECC82 NOS Telefunken

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Saxman

Re: Looking for ECC82 NOS Telefunken

Post by Saxman »

Have sent a mail to Brent Jesse see what response I get
Cheers
Alan
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Thanks hudo for the info. I'll give you a shout later in time, if I'm looking for different tubes to test.

Amperex are very good sounding tubes, did have them on my old hybrid amplifier ECC88, very happy with them. But friend of mine took the amp just to test it and haven't returned yet, that was over 2 years ago, but he did send some money. :)

After all that madness is over, I'll get the big brother of that hybrid amplifier, can't wait.
hudo

Post by hudo »

Btw, i have bought this to help me with tube purchases from "unverified" sources:)

tester: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Digital-Tube-Te ... 4272996637
power: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/TRANSFORMATEUR- ... 1229572350

few times i got a faulty tubes so wanted to have something to test them before it goes into the system.

But this thing requires some assembly, like finding approproate box, a switch, maybe few small other things, but not sure if im experienced enough (i am not) to do it since it is 220V there and not some 5V computer thing, so need to find somebody who can help me with this.
After that I can offer any forum member to test their tube (for free of course) - it's not proper tube tester, but can give at least some insights.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > ATC SCM40
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

If I may post a little update on the case with the tubes.
Few days ago I order another pair of JJ tubes, but this time I got JJ 802s /not gold pins/. I did instal them last night, even with no 'break in' period, I found them better for my liking.
There is nothing wrong with NOS Telefunken, sound nice and all, but my ears like the new ones.
Now I'm thinking, I should order the Gold pins 802s. lol :)

Thats for now. The listening will continue.
hudo

Post by hudo »

My JJ ECC802 changed the sound a lot in the first 10 hours. But to something I don't like unfortunatelly. I tried to put another 20-30h but think they're settled now and its not something for me - they are very neutral, linear and maybe even analytical/detailed, but I'm looking more warmer tone.
Switched back to Philips Miniwatt NOS + Primaluna Shuguang ECC82.

So have now matched quad of JJ ECC82 long plates (ECC802) for sale, if somebody's interested ...
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > ATC SCM40
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Hi hudo, since friday night I haven't turn off my pre amp and constantly fidding it with signal on very low volumes. So far, so good, the sound signature haven't change, or I can't hear any significant changes, still like it. :)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I know this is bordering on a meaningless statement, but I never got on with JJs compared to Amperex or Telefunken. When it came to cheaper tubes that I liked, I always liked the Russian equivalent military spec ones for the ecc88 (6n23-EV) so if there are similar for the 82 you might give them a go. Must be said, though, quality on eBay became harder and harder to come by.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Hi Diapason, I did use a nice pair of Russian ecc88 (6n23-EV) on my old hybrid amp, which I replaced with Amperex ecc88, after few good monts, but still love the 6n23-EV. The two pairs I did use, went with the amp to my friend.
Thanks for that.