Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Post by nige2000 »

pistollero wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 pm
jkeny wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm
pistollero wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:28 am hello all, i´m trying the reclock mod with potato chip but in my case i need masterclock to the dac.
how do i connect it ??? connect mlck from sd card to potato and at the same time to the dac board with a split cable???
thks for help.
Keep the wires short & just connect MCLK from potato to your DAC
Thank you very much for the help jkeny. it is playing music :)
What's your setup there?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:02 pm
It was a good exercise doing this as I found that my board had 2 small Capacitors knocked off it...i do not think it is the cause I could not get it to work with the Big 7 but you never know.

You can just about see where one of the missing caps were at position 104 to the right of the clocks under the Reg I assume, there is another one missing further up to the right not in picture.
I measure 200uf on that missing cap just off the flash chip

Some sort of dc coupling or a.c. loading to gnd?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I've an oddity my first yellow sd player can read a 32gb sd card class 10 it's pure chinesium but my second sd card player can't read it?
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:36 pm
I measure 200uf on that missing cap just off the flash chip

Some sort of dc coupling or a.c. loading to gnd?
All these 104 caps appear to bridge 3.3v DC to ground.

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:02 pm Thanks for posting Nige, i did not think the numbering would show up when the pictures were reduced but they look OK.
It was a good exercise doing this as I found that my board had 2 small Capacitors knocked off it...i do not think it is the cause I could not get it to work with the Big 7 but you never know.

You can just about see where one of the missing caps were at position 104 to the right of the clocks under the Reg I assume, there is another one missing further up to the right not in picture.
That cap is just a decoupling cap on the Winbond serial flash memory chip, I believe
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:41 pm I've an oddity my first yellow sd player can read a 32gb sd card class 10 it's pure chinesium but my second sd card player can't read it?
Oh, random reliability is not a great sign - Fran had similar issues.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:23 pm
Sligolad wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:02 pm Thanks for posting Nige, i did not think the numbering would show up when the pictures were reduced but they look OK.

That cap is just a decoupling cap on the Winbond serial flash memory chip, I believe
Windbomd datasheet says it's write protect input or data input
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I can't get either of mine to read hi res tracks - even though it could read them on nigels card. No one else seems to have problems with this.

The programmer thinks hooking in the ESP8266 shouldn't be too hard but it will be the weekend before work starts
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Don't like the thought of them performing differently
How is that possible?
pistollero

Re: RE: Re: Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player

Post by pistollero »

nige2000 wrote:
pistollero wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 pm
jkeny wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Keep the wires short & just connect MCLK from potato to your DAC
Thank you very much for the help jkeny. it is playing music :)
What's your setup there?
Hi nige, my setup is raspberry pi 3 - diynhk 768 isolated xmos - potato -cs4396 dac diy with transformers output...
Sounds good..
Now i connected amanero with potato and the sound is much more clean..
Maybe my isolated xmos has some problem..
I tested the sd card without the potato but i did not liked the sound... not clean..i have to try with potato.