New member, few words intro.

Diapason

Re: New member, few words intro.

Post by Diapason »

With a 2k budget, you already have deep pockets. You'll be fine in Cloney's!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Georgi wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 pm I was there ones, briefly. I was left with impression, it's a place for people with deep, deep pockets, but anyway, that doesn't matter. Mait pay them a visit.

Don't know anything about Quadrals, have read a bit about them.
I've been going to Cloney Audio for longer than I can remember and that is not the way they do business. Give them a visit and have a listen! Your money is as good as anybody else's.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Diapason wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 pm With a 2k budget, you already have deep pockets. You'll be fine in Cloney's!
Hahaha, probably your right.

The budget is around €1500-600, so still not 100% good.

I already arranged demos on Silver 300 and 500. And the price is not bad ether.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

I'm also open for suggestions of second hand speakers as well.
I don't see any good ones for sale around Ireland now, not in my price range, anyway.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

These might be worth a look...

http://www.adverts.ie/5164441
Do or do not, there is no try
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

I know them, been listening them few times, they are not bad at all.
If I have the money, I would get his Tannoy Definition DC8, which are my favourite so far.

But that's life.

I did audition the MA Silver 300 and 500.
I like them, specially the S 500, have to see if I can get them for home demo.
And the prices are just insane, hard to say NO.
tony

Post by tony »

Georgi wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:20 am I'm also open for suggestions of second hand speakers as well.
I don't see any good ones for sale around Ireland now, not in my price range, anyway.
I was going to post the same thoughts. You will need to widen the search to the UK at least for a range of secondhand speaker choices. I got my Spendor A6's up the north. Never seen a pair for sale down here secondhand. Maybe try PFM or the dreaded ebay. Went I bought in England I went to collect them myself(not forgetting I sent Pearse to collect my 63's in a van! Still guilty about that well a bit anyway)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Right, after few days /or I should say hours/ of listening, l give up on the idea of big speakers or big drivers, all the same. :)
Just didn't work in my room at all. Too much room modulation, too much low frequency's. Didn't work out for me, just makes me uncomfortable and tired after a while.

Thanks to Ciaran for his help. Really appreciated. :)

I'll be looking for more compact speakers.
I wonder why I sold my Silver 6's, with the new amp, they did sound better and fit perfectly in the room. Anyway, the search continue.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Do Cloney still have those 2nd hand Cremona Auditors, I wonder...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Georgi wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am Right, after few days /or I should say hours/ of listening, l give up on the idea of big speakers or big drivers, all the same. :)
Just didn't work in my room at all. Too much room modulation, too much low frequency's. Didn't work out for me, just makes me uncomfortable and tired after a while.

Thanks to Ciaran for his help. Really appreciated. :)

I'll be looking for more compact speakers.
I wonder why I sold my Silver 6's, with the new amp, they did sound better and fit perfectly in the room. Anyway, the search continue.
So what did you listen to that just didn't work in your room?