Turntable wanted

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
maxx3f

Re: Turntable wanted

Post by maxx3f »

Thanks for that Dave.
Some great info there.
I actually have someone who can make a custom subplatter for me.
Are the strobes just a dj thing for regulating pitch now? I remember my dad's old home hifi tt had the strobe and pitch control.

Ho66es - we are actually on the far sides of this island.
Are you ever in Dublin???
I would consider a straight swap if that tt is in fully working state regardless of the lack of lid or cosmetic condition.
I got that cd player brand new. Box, remote, manual and even factory interconnects included.
2 years young with little use as I got the np-s2000 shortly after :-)
Cheers
Max
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

maxx3f wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 pm Ho66es - we are actually on the far sides of this island.
Are you ever in Dublin???
I would consider a straight swap if that tt is in fully working state regardless of the lack of lid or cosmetic condition.
I got that cd player brand new. Box, remote, manual and even factory interconnects included.
2 years young with little use as I got the np-s2000 shortly after :-)
Cheers
Max
I am occasionally in Dublin with work but i can never predict when that will be (I repair pcs at out of hours docs services) could be tomorrow could be 3 months :(

when last I plugged it in it all worked fine.
maxx3f

Post by maxx3f »

Please let me know when you are heading for Dublin again and I will be happy to swap.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

bod wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:20 pm An external power supply is key to speed stability in my experience - no matter which turntable really, for the most part. Rega do their own but its about the same price again as the deck. Well worth trying to find a second hand one at a good price (€100 or so).
Dave, secondhand one’s as rare as hens teeth. I’ve been looking for months for one
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

maxx3f wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am Please let me know when you are heading for Dublin again and I will be happy to swap.
I will try to remember :)
bod

Post by bod »

maxx3f wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 pm Are the strobes just a dj thing for regulating pitch now? I remember my dad's old home hifi tt had the strobe and pitch control.
Hi Max. More or less. Hand held ones with a battery powered strobe are more accurate. There`s also platter speed apps for idiot phones too :-). Never used one though. I just play a record that`s as perfectly centered as I can find and time it over the course of a tune or two. I use the Clearaudio APG which allows almost too much adjustment(!) as the potentiometers are incredibly sensitive.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

There's a very good smart phone app called RPM Calculator. It's free and I found it reassuring!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
maxx3f

Post by maxx3f »

Hi lads.
Thanks for all the help and info.
Quick update - after some more research I have decided to go ahead with brand new rega rp1 from richersounds. Cant go wrong for 199€ posted.

@ho66es - I would like to swap with you still if the cd player is not sold in the meantime.

Cheers.
Max