It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

frd1996

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by frd1996 »

Excellent work guys!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

another pic
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

A very small update - there were 2 front panel bolts that are impossible to reach due to transformers and wiring in the way. Found a simple solution - one of those why the hell didn't I think of that before things. 2 mins with a dremel and the job is done.

I'm hoping to have a look at signal ground to mains ground later today.
Attachments
0282018122742.jpg
0282018122742.jpg (96.56 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

cool solution,
i often wonder why it takes so long to figure out these type of simple solutions
when in hindsight they seem to be obvious
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I know. Of course what I neglected to mention above was that I had already tried twice to silicone a nut in place, and then epoxy, and the air might have turned slightly blue as neither would work. Its not like the front panel can slip upwards either as the top 2 bolts are still captive.

I also tricked about a bit connecting signal ground to mains ground - no observable difference with the few sources I have here.......
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

this kinda makes sense from hifisonix
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Thats a good diagram to have as a reference. We probably don't need to implement all of them - for example its quiet in my system with none of the items except the T-bar.I implemented the caps to ground at the RCA jacks on my valve phono stage (so think high gain therefore absolute silence on the input is very desirable). The earth bond (signal gnd to earth) is nice - I've always used diodes in a 69 config, in parallel with a low value cap and a 10R 5W power resistor.

I've always thought getting grounding done as quiet as possible was a really holy grail quest. It gets increasingly hard, but always worth it as there nearly always is an apparent increase in dynamics.

The DIYaudio article is a reference guide, and worth reading every time you're building something. Lovely links there Nigel
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

just after building these

bridge rectifiers soldered in a fashion that they can be bolted to the chassis with the earth connection
then one wire connection to batt gnd and thats it simples :)