I'm thinking of selling...

Diapason

Re: I'm thinking of selling...

Post by Diapason »

Right, half a year of dithering later, I really am selling nearly all the equipment from the man cave. I'll list individual items separately in the coming days (along with prices, once I've figured it all out) but ultimately there'll be:

Wadia 581se CD player
Mark Levinson 432 power amp
Sonus Faber Elipsa Red speakers (this is the SE model with the same tweeter and bass driver as the Stradivari)
Kubala-Sosna Fascination interconnect (1m, RCA)
Kubala-Sosna Fascination Speaker cable (3m, spades)
Kubala-Sosna Fascination Power cable (2m maybe...? dunno)
Synergistic Research Elements CTS speaker cable (8ft, spades)
Finite Elemente LevelPlus 2 equipment stand
A variety of GIK Acoustics sound treatments, including 242, 244, and Monster Bass traps (all black, all 4ft x 2ft)
A variety of valves of varying types and quality levels

Let me know if anything takes your interest.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
mcq

Post by mcq »

I think the first thing you have to address, Simon, is to find a music replay system that re-ignites your love of music.  On paper, that is a fantastic system that you are selling which many audiophiles would dearly love to own.  However, no matter how well-regarded the system is, if you don't feel the passion of the music when you play a CD, there is something seriously wrong and you are right to re-evaluate things.  I know that you are a musician so it's vitally important that listening to music at home should inspire similar emotions to those that you experience when you perform a piece of music. Try to audition JM Reynaud speakers.  I was very impressed by one of the compact floorstanders at Cloney Audio.  It's a sound that is very musical and very emotional.  If I had room for a second system, the JMR Offrande would be the first speaker I would audition.  The main US dealer for JMR, Amherst Audio, is run by the very knowledgeable Bob Neill and his site is a wealth of information about JMR speakers, about which he is very passionate.  He also sells Crimson amps, a UK brand which is virtually unknown over here, and is very fond of the Resolution Audio Cantata CD player as well.  Whatever you decide, Simon, I would advise you to keep it simple, work to a budget and listen to your heart when you audition a system with your favourite music.  
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Nice stuff you have there.
I would have some interest if you sell the Bluesound Node 2. :)

What types of valves you have? I'm after some quality ECC88 type one's.

Cheers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah, the Bluesound is the one thing that's staying!

I have some ECC88s, although the best ones I had went with the Graaf amps now in Cloney. I should have kept them, they were 600 quid for four of them...

I'm away today, but I'll check exactly what I have tomorrow.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Can you list what valves you will have on offer, please!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'm just realising/remembering that I threw in a sizeable box of valves when I sold my amps last year, so there's not as much left as I thought.

I have a matched pair (thought I had 4, but two are missing!) of Gold Lion 6922/E88CC. They're about the best of the non-NOS 6922s I could find when I went looking, way better to my ears than standard issue Electro-Harmonix.

I have an array of Voskhod (rocket logo) 6n23p, the Russian ECC88 equivalent, but given that they're becoming a little bit hard to come by I'm not yet sure I'll be selling...

I also have seven EF184 valves. I'm not sure how many amps use them, but they're certainly available.

That seems to be it, sadly. The cupboard is more bare than I realised.
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

Diapason wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 pm I'm just realising/remembering that I threw in a sizeable box of valves when I sold my amps last year, so there's not as much left as I thought.

I have a matched pair (thought I had 4, but two are missing!) of Gold Lion 6922/E88CC. They're about the best of the non-NOS 6922s I could find when I went looking, way better to my ears than standard issue Electro-Harmonix.

I have an array of Voskhod (rocket logo) 6n23p, the Russian ECC88 equivalent, but given that they're becoming a little bit hard to come by I'm not yet sure I'll be selling...

I also have seven EF184 valves. I'm not sure how many amps use them, but they're certainly available.

So now that my nest is empty, baby is a freshman in college this year, I'm listening to more music. I did listen while they were growing up too, but it comes and goes.
Would advise to hold on to tubes, and small stuff you may regret selling in the future. Of course that may be why my house is full of junk lol.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Diapason wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 pm I'm just realising/remembering that I threw in a sizeable box of valves when I sold my amps last year, so there's not as much left as I thought.

Thanks for that, here is what I have read about 6922/E88CC/6D8/ECC88...

The 6922(E88CC) has a max voltage of 220 volts. The 6DJ8(ECC88) has a max voltage of 120-130 volts. You can put a 6922 in a 6dj8 circuit but not the other way around.

My head amp takes 4 6DJ8/ECC88 unfortunately. I have a load of spares but not all are of the 'best' quality).
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Diapason wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Is there any chance I can hear those two Gold Lions E88CC on mine amp? Was looking at few of them around the net, but never bought ones. :)

I'm using pair of Russian 6N23P at the moment and find them better for my ears, than Amperex ECC88 which are 5 times more expensive.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Hi, could you please tell me, how much you looking for those Gold Lions?
Thanks.