SOLD Eist Dubh Speakers for sale.

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
cybot

Re: Eist Dubh Speakers for sale.

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:09 pm
cybot wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:35 pm... You just cannot beat a little bit of warmth and airiness as oppposed to hyper transparency and ultra detail.
To tell the truth there's loads of transparency and lots of micro detail... but not so much that it's tiring. They deliver those qualities along with warmth and space. If they have a problem it's that they can be perceived to be a little slow and sluggish which can sound a little less defined in the bass but really they're fine, positioned correctly they deliver an accurate if not earth shattering bass. They're not fast like so many modern speakers but that's ok by me. Like I say they're not actually better than the Eist but they deliver a lot of what I'm looking for in a system - the smile inducing musicality that is always my first requirement.
Glad you've found your holy grail anyway!

How did you come by them? Were they reasonably priced and in good nick? Would love to have a vintage pair myself from either Spendor, Heybrook, KEF or Rogers. Wait a minute, I actually do have a vintage pair! My own doddery Howie's. That'll do me ;)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 pm How did you come by them? Were they reasonably priced and in good nick?
having gotten the "goo" for a pair of these speakers I was keeping an eye out... turns out a guy about 5 minutes down the road was selling a pair of Rogers on Arverts! lets just say they were sensible money... ;) Pretty good nick, playing perfectly with a few small marks but given the age that's fine.

Now... back to the ones I'm trying to sell! From the photos they look less than perfect but that's just dust in the Irish sunshine. Enjoy it while it lasts! The speakers are absolutely mint and come with the original boxes.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Am I right in thinkng that these are unique with the walnut baffle?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:23 pm Am I right in thinkng that these are unique with the walnut baffle?
You are. They're the very same as the black or white ones but I asked Fran if wood would be possible (simply because I have an old house!) and Gerry had some walnut handy. As I mentioned earlier I found them a bit warmer and more detailed than the black/white models, even when brand new.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:19 pm
cybot wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 pm How did you come by them? Were they reasonably priced and in good nick?
having gotten the "goo" for a pair of these speakers I was keeping an eye out... turns out a guy about 5 minutes down the road was selling a pair of Rogers on Arverts! lets just say they were sensible money... ;) Pretty good nick, playing perfectly with a few small marks but given the age that's fine.

Now... back to the ones I'm trying to sell! From the photos they look less than perfect but that's just dust in the Irish sunshine. Enjoy it while it lasts! The speakers are absolutely mint and come with the original boxes.
Nice one!

Anyway good luck with the sale. They really are a one off. A very special speaker for sane money......
Ivor

[SOLD] Eist Dubh Speakers for sale.

Post by Ivor »

Speakers now gone to a good home

tonymc

Post by tonymc »

I'm the "good home" that the Eist Dubh went to. Just wanted to say they are fantastic speakers and Ivor was a real gentleman to meet and deal with.
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tonymc wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:41 pm I'm the "good home" that the Eist Dubh went to. Just wanted to say they are fantastic speakers and Ivor was a real gentleman to meet and deal with.
Entirely mutual Tony. Enjoy the speakers, welcome to the forum . Start a row!

tonymc

Post by tonymc »

:)
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord