Alert It did not explode YET.... Amp....... Group Buy

james

Re: Alert It did not explode YET.... Amp....... Group Buy

Post by james »

I think this is a great project. I would love to take part but I do not have the time or money at the moment and (to be honest) I am happy with my current amp (Naim 250).

But it sounds like a great idea and I am really impressed by the generosity of Nigel and the forum both in sharing ideas and in offering to help those who are not great at soldering.

Happy Christmas to you all ..

James

PS The only amp (pre-amp) I ever built was a battery powered phono stage based on a circuit in Wireless World. That was about 40 years ago !!
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

james wrote:I think this is a great project. I would love to take part but I do not have the time or money at the moment and (to be honest) I am happy with my current amp (Naim 250).

But it sounds like a great idea and I am really impressed by the generosity of Nigel and the forum both in sharing ideas and in offering to help those who are not great at soldering.

Happy Christmas to you all ..

James

PS The only amp (pre-amp) I ever built was a battery powered phono stage based on a circuit in Wireless World. That was about 40 years ago !!
thanks james

appreciate the recognition
but we've been lucky to get plenty of help so far
the internet and forums are full of great ideas and very knowledgeable people,
except for the cost it's a pleasure to put some of those ideas into a project like this,
even sweeter knowing the amps will be retiring some hefty competition
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

was in contact with the battery manufacturer, they've got no stock atm
they would make another batch if we were needing bigger quantities,
so i bought from a reseller at higher price that's just the lack of options

anyway battery order is in now so closing the GB again
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's