It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

Righto
not exactly ideal then so

If the output transformer thing works out it could change that 2.5 I'm load to a 5 I'm load or quite possibly more maybe up to 10ohm
Imagine the difference that could make to any amp
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Stop me if I'm misunderstanding, but you're basically making this kind of thing?
http://www.zeroimpedance.com/

I've heard good reports.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Diapason wrote:Stop me if I'm misunderstanding, but you're basically making this kind of thing?

I've heard good reports.
Yep same thing
Only sanely priced
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Excellent!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Diapason wrote:Stop me if I'm misunderstanding, but you're basically making this kind of thing?

I've heard good reports.
A while ago I was interested in those tweaks and almost bought a pair, due to my stacked 57's impedance and blood, sweat and tears of my amps!

A better, tighter bass with Nigel amp can be heard also because of better highs!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Derek

Post by Derek »

tony wrote: Apologies Derek if I had realized a lot of the day was listening to the amp I would have remembered to contact you. My head was on usb cards and Nigels new board thingy that didn't arrive in time
No problem Tony I'm enjoying following the thread.
It looks very good in the reading for Nigels Amp.
He's done a really great job and forum members have been brilliant lending support,advice, help, feedback...etc It's all good.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
tony

Post by tony »

Ok Nigel music back playing with power supply from Toroidy to the diylink card. Usual crap. PC would not boot up. That resolved itself. Then no dac showing in WTFPLAY. Couldn't get the intona to lock. Much checking etc and nothing seemed amiss. Took out intona and hey presto music. Put it back in and Hey presto music! So tonight gone but happy all is working. I see Pearse has moved the goal posts again with the reclocker!! Anyway will either order green or blue diylink card and go for a permanent install on the LZ with the reclocker and lipo4 on the card.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Ok Nigel music back playing with power supply from Toroidy to the diylink card. Usual crap. PC would not boot up. That resolved itself. Then no dac showing in WTFPLAY. Couldn't get the intona to lock. Much checking etc and nothing seemed amiss. Took out intona and hey presto music. Put it back in and Hey presto music! So tonight gone but happy all is working. I see Pearse has moved the goal posts again with the reclocker!! Anyway will either order green or blue diylink card and go for a permanent install on the LZ with the reclocker and lipo4 on the card.
maybe the diyinhk batteries needed a bit of charge before it started to operate

hows the sound tonight?
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Just to add to what the lads have said - this amp sounding absolutely stunning on Saturday. Detail, depth, zero harshness or fatigue. I'm just pissed that I already know it makes my best valve amp sound ordinary. For those of us who have signed up, we are in for a treat!!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Plugged out the subs and all tighter. Would like to be comparing both again on an even footing. I think it would be a bit closer.
Didn't panic I thought it was battery related was expecting I might have to leave them on over night and retry tomorrow.

Funny I am not sure exactly what I prefer. It is cleaner without subs but there is a nice reverb with the subs. It appears to me the diylink card is cleaner sounding then the amanero. I think the ST's bring a cleaner edge also once not turned right up. Wonder will Pearse forget I have them!!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.