What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:[quote="DaveF]Nice one Dermot. Think I'll be paying a visit to Freebird this evening so! :-)
Oh no! I'll be getting another lecture from Fergus :-(
[/quote]

One cannot fault your enthusiam Dermot....keep it up!![/quote][/quote][/quote]

Aw, that's nice :-)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

picked up this cracker on vinyl this evening.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:picked up this cracker on vinyl this evening.

Classic :-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote:picked up this cracker on vinyl this evening.
One of my favourite albums ever, mainly for nostalgic reason at this stage!
I picked up a second hand US copy of this in Caroline Records about 1976 - it must have been fairly new I guess. As was the custom at the time I later sold it to buy something else and that was that for a long time. Around the mid 1990s it first came out on CD and I was a busy magazine music critic at the time so could ring the record company and plead for a copy. Not so simple. "We didn't think anybody would be interested in this so we only brought in 2 copies". "Ok" says I waiting for the next bit. "One went straight to John Clarke in RTE... and we can't find the other one. My heart sank. Anyway....
years later I was talking to mate of mine who had worked in said record company (in the middle of a live radio show we were doing) and I mentioned the Live at the Fillmore CD... "Oh I grabbed that!" he confessed. In fairness to him a few days later he handed it to me saying I'd enjoy it more than he ever would (which was true!).

the idea of it on vinyl does appeal. Nostalgia?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Absolutely love stories like that. Keep them coming Ivor :-) BTW who was the one 'star' who disappointed you when you actually me him/her in person? Sorry you're probably fed up hearing that question at this stage...We'd love the story anyway :-)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

seen this one get a mention or two here recently and so took a gamble on it.

spent ages trying to decide between this one and Live in New York.

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: BTW who was the one 'star' who disappointed you when you actually me him/her in person?
I don't tend to meet "stars" as such. Just ordinary people who make music. Most of them are sound. Sometimes artists don't particularly like doing the publicity thing - a conveyor belt of journalists asking the same predictable questions. I can't say I blame them. Then you get artists (and hacks) who are tired and grumpy and then you get near legends who are just so cool and comfortable with themselves you just have to admire them.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote: BTW who was the one 'star' who disappointed you when you actually me him/her in person?
I don't tend to meet "stars" as such. Just ordinary people who make music. Most of them are sound. Sometimes artists don't particularly like doing the publicity thing - a conveyor belt of journalists asking the same predictable questions. I can't say I blame them. Then you get artists (and hacks) who are tired and grumpy and then you get near legends who are just so cool and comfortable with themselves you just have to admire them.
Just seeing this now...'Ordinary people who make music' - that's as good a description I've come across in a while :-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Just seeing this now...'Ordinary people who make music' - that's as good a description I've come across in a while :-)
Those are the ones that interest me the most. Yes some did disappoint but they were usually on the tiring PR trail and showed more patience than I probably would if faced with a day of inane questions from journalists, fawners and chancers.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Triple Vinyl set.