asking for valuation

pink

Re: asking for valuation

Post by pink »

upward firing bass i think that's their main feature it creates amazing effect when you listening jazz, classical or any live recordings,
and as i said if i can`t make fair deal ill keep them
paulb

Post by paulb »

Would you be interested in swapping the castle for apair of eclipse td307 plus cash your way?the eclipse speakers would be really easy to transport
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

tony wrote: Oooooooh! I hope Dermot doesn't see this. It could merit a trip down from Dundalk to discuss the merits of your assessment Francois :) Maybe a battle of the classic Brit speakers from the seventies and eighties.
Hi Tony, i never said Castle brand made bad speakers !
I just meant their brand image is zero, and the resell value is even wayy below that !
I had a pair of the Castle Chester last year. Those were great speakers in the 90s, their second best after the Westm..something.
i mean just when you remove a screw, you know and feel it's good quality stuff, really well built...
And they sounded very good, the same speaker with a Kef or Cabasse sticker would have sold for 350-450 euros.
But i had alot of trouble selling them for 150 euros !
And i was in France at the swiss border !

I check Castle on ebay every now and then, they just don't sell... or cheap.
Wich is very cool if you want to make a good gift for cheap :)
pink

Post by pink »

re: paulb
no, i want stuff of the same class or close just smaller in size i will consider only something that at least looks like speaker (no offense).
and i don`t mind a old speakers (my personal preference i don`t like Chinese stuff)

ps. i see you lads know they good speakers happy to hear that at least, then swap might be a good option for me and for someone.
tony

Post by tony »

panda2rom wrote: Hi Tony, i never said Castle brand made bad speakers !
I just meant their brand image is zero, and the resell value is even wayy below that !
I had a pair of the Castle Chester last year. Those were great speakers in the 90s, their second best after the Westm..something.i mean just when you remove a screw, you know and feel it's good quality stuff, really well built...And they sounded very good, the same speaker with a Kef or Cabasse sticker would have sold for 350-450 euros.But i had alot of trouble selling them for 150 euros !
And i was in France at the swiss border !I check Castle on ebay every now and then, they just don't sell... or cheap.Wich is very cool if you want to make a good gift for cheap :)
Only jesting Francois, Dermot is a long term member(Cybot) with Castle Howards and is very fond of them hence I couldn't resist. All you say is true about the Castles but pink is probably best putting them on adverts for circa €400 and see if there is interest. Really it depends on the general condition and as you have outlined what the demand is. Best of luck pink with whatever you decide
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
pink

Post by pink »

Kef or Cabasse sitcker
that can be sorted easily ;-)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I have always admired the Castle range of speakers. I think they have very nice veneers. Unfortunately they also seem a bit rare.

So I had a quick look on the Castle website.... and I was pleasantly surprised to see a new range of Avon's. I think they look great, just great and I would love to hear them... some pics here...

Reminds me of the ProAc Response range...
Let the Good Times Roll...................