The end of record collections?

tony

Re: The end of record collections?

Post by tony »

Sligolad wrote:If it all becomes too much Tony I can help with those speakers!!! :-)
No way you will be left unattended in my front room unless you are handcuffed to the chair!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sloop John B

Re: The end of record collections?

Post by Sloop John B »

My reading of what Simon's wife was referring to is the streaming libraries such as Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz etc.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads myself as I'm now using Roon more and more and Roon's integration with Tidal is excellent and gives you the impression you own the Tidal albums you save to your library. Now I've just bought a shed load of CDs from Tony and Jairdin and am quite wedded to the physical medium and fully realise Tidal could disappear and the albums disappear.

However how many CDs do I buy that I only listen to 5 per 6 times ( if that!) and is it not just easier to add these to Roon?

I notice that less and less when people visit do they enthuse about my CD or album collection, they now can have it all for €9.99 / month.

Mrs Diapson is correct alas.

SJB