What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Fran »

Picked up a few today:

from Tower and Freebird.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
fergus

Post by fergus »

JAW wrote:Image
Immortal music and music making!!!!!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Picked up a few today:

from Tower and Freebird.

Fran
So you have been paying attention Fran :-) I'd be interested to hear what your impressions of the C. Joynes album are....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yup - some of it soaks in! I almost got the c joynes for free with the tower loyalty card.....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Yup - some of it soaks in! I almost got the c joynes for free with the tower loyalty card.....

Don't tell me they didn't round up the 99 cent :( They always do it for me now as I compained to the manager that the other store in Easons were a little diligant with not rounding up the figures...
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Don't tell me they didn't round up the 99 cent :( They always do it for me now as I compained to the manager that the other store in Easons were a little diligant with not rounding up the figures...
I have found that if you're buying a few CDs in Tower Wicklow Street they knock 10% ish off. They look for a reason of course, last time the sales assistant pointed to a scuffed plastic wrapper (which was going in the bin regardless of condition) and said "Sur' I can't charge ye for that!" and put it in the bag for free. Fair play to them all the same.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Don't tell me they didn't round up the 99 cent :( They always do it for me now as I compained to the manager that the other store in Easons were a little diligant with not rounding up the figures...
I have found that if you're buying a few CDs in Tower Wicklow Street they knock 10% ish off. They look for a reason of course, last time the sales assistant pointed to a scuffed plastic wrapper (which was going in the bin regardless of condition) and said "Sur' I can't charge ye for that!" and put it in the bag for free. Fair play to them all the same.
So the manager did take my complaints on board after all :-) Thanks for that Ivor, you've made my day....
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:
Well that's interesting. I regularly buy CDs in Tower and they have never offered me any reductions in fact on occassion I have had to remind them that they should give me a new loyalty card. I always pay for my items on the first floor so maybe that has something to do with it or perhaps if yer a good looking fella like Ivor these things just happen for you [wink].
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
cybot

Post by cybot »

[quote="Seán] Well that's interesting. I regularly buy CDs in Tower and they have never offered me any reductions in fact on occassion I have had to remind them that they should give me a new loyalty card. I always pay for my items on the first floor so maybe that has something to do with it.[/size].[/quote]

Exactly my point Séan... that's why I complained to the manager; it depended on which section of the shop or shops you purchased the items.. they all seemed to interpret the loyalty card rules differently. Whereas the guys at the front did exactly what you expected them to do....ie not to apply the royalty card rules to the exact letter....So hopefully it's all sorted now.
Last edited by cybot on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

No, they have a little card, much like the one that Road (rip) used to have. Each time you spend a tenner they stamp it - when the card is full you get 10% off.

They offered it to me one day and its proved very useful. If I spend say, €50 each visit, every second visit I get an album almost for free. They way I look at it, I buy something that I normally wouldn't with that 10%.

Ask for it the next time you're in...

Fran