New Music Room

Fran
Site Admin

Re: New Music Room

Post by Fran »

Looking lovely!! Very spacious and open looking.
Do or do not, there is no try
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Diapason wrote:Looks great! It looks like you've gone for mostly absorption and not much diffusion, is that right? Certainly I can easily imagine the improvements in a big, reflective room like that. I'd say it sounds superb!!
Thanks. Yes mostly absorption. That was the recommendation from GIK and I think they were correct. The side panels have scatter plates under the fabric and the outer set on the back wall are spherical diffusors. I really like the look and idea of those A type new diffusors so maybe in the future having some on the secondary reflection points or front wall might be nice
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I think GIK have improved their offerings a fair bit over the years. The absorption I have from them is pretty basic in terms of construction quality. I also have realised over time that I have far too much of it, whereas your room seems a lot more sensible. Most of my GIK panels are gradually making their way to attic storage!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Looks really nice. Good distance between speakers and side wall so you won't be too bothered by first and second reflections. I use free standing GIK absorbtion/bass panels as well but unfortunately my room is narrower so I need a lot more of them. Good value though (unless you can make your own) and they look reasonably professional. Always amazed how many people swap cables, amps etc without first trying to get the room right.
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

"Always amazed how many people swap cables, amps etc without first trying to get the room right".

+1
+1
+1
+1