MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
satshanti

Re: MQN

Post by satshanti »

sbgk wrote:
satshanti wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded control v97, loader v82 and play v224. Also rewrite v14.
control v99, loader v84 and rewrite v15 use sse4 instructions rather than avx, think there's better detail with these.
My heart skipped a beat reading "sse4" and I immediately downloaded the archive. It's too late to try anything now, but would love to do so tomorrow. The file names all still have "haswell" in them though. Does this mean that I still won't be able to use play v224 on my AMD CPU?

I've been cherishing the latest sse4 versions from mid December. Despite the fact that they're 16/44 and sse4, they do sound better than my previous reference, the 3.39 avx hires. I can't wait to try the new stuff. I've even been thinking of finally getting on board with a Haswell upgrade, but I just can't afford that at the moment.

Still enjoying the fruit of your labour of love each day. It's very much appreciated.
might work, don't know, they are still compiled with AVX settings, but my code is no longer using AVX2 instructions
Well, I can confirm that it does work! YAY! And what a treat! It's such a jump up in overall quality! I wouldn't have thought it possible: more detail, more holographic imaging, more texture, more control, more musicality... the list goes on. It's amazing how everything just falls into place and the result is absolute realism, high fidelity at its very best.

Today I have simply run the basic files without the rewrite (I will test that out in the coming days), in fact still using taggert's MQNload, not so much for testing the various versions, but because it's just so easy to start playing the files in the clipboard by pressing a key combination. I wonder why it's no longer possible to stop MQNplay by pressing X? And mqnplay doesn't seem to be able to stop by itself. I have to end the task from within task manager. Anyway, not a big deal of course.

Thank you so much! What an amazing experience! :-)
uwtfplay on AMD FX8120@1600 RAM@800 FSB@1200 | AQ Jitterbug | Atlas Element USB cable | HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC 2 | NVA Super Sound Pipe | SMSL sApII headphone amp | AKG K702 (or HiFimeDIY UD20 DDX amp | Anti-Cable | Celestion DL6-II)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

can't believe the difference changing the read/write code makes control 102 and rewrite v19 use low level functions, aim is to get it into assembly, but benefits already apparent.

failure with some files is due to an alignment issue, shall fix it later.
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

I've updated my blog instructions to match the latest files, installing from mqnfiles.zip

http://randytsuch-audio.blogspot.com/20 ... setup.html

I have not tried rewrite yet, next on the list.
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
iori

Post by iori »

With the same track, rewrite v19 takes longer time to complete the process than v17, getting further towards analogue state.
Does control v102 contribute to such advancement in the rewrite process ?

Made a copy of the rewrited track to the same \out folder, sq gets a bit degraded.

1) virgin rewrite > 2) copy of virgin rewrite > 3) copy of source track at \out > 4) source track from a 2nd internal SSD.

1),2),3) above are all residing in physical ram (ramOS, trimmed w10). 3) and 4) could be minimal if the whole track is copied to ram in the first instance.
listening combination : MQnplay224, control 102, loader 84

Personally I prefer the sq from rewrite v19 than that from BH v175.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

104/86/226 and rewrite 21 tweaked out a bit more depth and detail, file takes a bit longer to load and start playing.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

sbgk wrote:104/86/226 and rewrite 21 tweaked out a bit more depth and detail, file takes a bit longer to load and start playing.
Everything works perfect
Only problem with rewrite v21 it doesn't rewrite even one track it gets stuck at copy
Last rewrite that works was v16 and v17 on some
Newest one will not rewrite
Any suggestion?
Thank you
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

elaprince wrote:
sbgk wrote:104/86/226 and rewrite 21 tweaked out a bit more depth and detail, file takes a bit longer to load and start playing.
Everything works perfect
Only problem with rewrite v21 it doesn't rewrite even one track it gets stuck at copy
Last rewrite that works was v16 and v17 on some
Newest one will not rewrite
Any suggestion?
Thank you
No issues with rewrite v21 on the couple of tracks I tried.
It appears to be a bit slower though, and certainly mqnloader is slower. Have to double my waiting time before setting priority and affinity

-----
Loading can be very, very slow.
Loading a CD (as a single track) just took in the order of 2.5 - 3 minutes.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

No matter what I do and track I use v21 just doesn't finish
v16 and lower works without any problems
Aleg was very kind and sent me track he use and even with his track it was stuck at the same spot
One thing I notice is when I end mqnrewrite task cmd box shows rewrite finish press any key
Then I can play test.wav from mqnrewrite folder which is exactly track i was trying to rewrite and in out folder I get name of that track but it is only like 600-900kb in size
Also v226v104v86 if I try loading more then 7-8 tracks will not play below that number it will load and play

Aleg (again) pointed out to me that might be cause I am using ramOS
I confirm that switching to normal load (not ramOS) v21 works without any problems
Had couple of tracks that will not play but other then that it is working
Just wondering Gordon why it wouldn't work when win server 2012 r2 is loaded from ram?
Thanks Aleg
iori

Post by iori »

play 226 / control 104/ loader 86/ and rewrite 21 work fine in win10 running as ramOS.
play 226 / control 104/ and loader 86 without rewrite can play more than 10 tracks in one go.
rewrite 21 improves the deep bass in detail and focus.
listening to Hotel California live, never know before the differentiation of many many voices and whistles from the floor at the end. One can pin point the position of an individual voice from the crowd. Depth and imaging is very amazing.
iori

Post by iori »

my alternate playback folder :

copy all current play/control/loader exe files to c:\mqnrewrite folder
copy supporting files : files.txt, mqnparam.txt to c:\mqnrewrite folder
edit the contents of "files.txt" as (no carriage return, no space after the last character "v" :

c:\MQnRewrite\out\test.wav

steps to play :
1) manually copy and paste the track to c:\mqnrewrite folder
2) run "myReWritePlay.bat" to automate rewrite and playback.

content of "myReWritePlay.bat" is :

Code: Select all

@echo off
rem   For SINGLE track playback only
rem   in case more than 1 track are copied, only the first track would be renamed and rewrite, the rest files would be deleted after playback.
rem   procedures, 1) copy track to c:\mqnrewrite  2) double click myReWritePlay.bat to delete previous test.wav, rename new track to test.wav
rem   3) start rewrite process, 4) start mqncontrol to playback the content of Files.txt (hardcoded)

taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqnplay.exe /F >nul
taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqnloader.exe /F >nul
taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqncontrol.exe /F >nul

echo deleting previous test.wav
del c:\mqnrewrite\test.wav /q
del c:\mqnrewrite\out\test.wav /q
echo renaming new track to test.wav
rename *.wav test.wav
echo starting rewrite
mqnrewrite.exe
echo rewrite complete
rem Files.txt is hardcoded to c:\mqnrewrite\out\test.wav
start MQncontrol --file ".\Files.txt"
rem pause
echo deleting all irrelevant tracks
del c:\mqnrewrite\*.wav
@echo on
exit
in case there is a need to stop midway, create a "stopMQn.bat" with content as follows :

Code: Select all

taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqnplay.exe /F >nul
taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqnloader.exe /F >nul
taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqncontrol.exe /F >nul