RIP David Bowie

Ivor

RIP David Bowie

Post by Ivor »

The soundtrack to my youth and beyond... I'm still listening to his new stuff and it never fails to surprise and intrigue.
Probably the first 'serious' artist I got into and even through blues, punk, reggae and everything else Bowie was never for from turntable or CD player.

RIP David, you left your mark.

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Re: RIP David Bowie

Post by DaveF »

Was listening to a lot of his earlier stuff throughout the day when I got the chance at work. Amazing how fresh a lot of it still sounds in 2016. I haven't got Blackstar yet. Soon I hope.
Two genuine stars gone within a couple of weeks. :-(
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

and he's left us with the Bowie enigma still intact (although he did try hard to wreck it in the late 80's).

I'm sorry for him and his family as the 18 months from diagnosis to departure can only have been harrowing.

One from Blondie were supporting Iggy with Bowie on piano.

SJB
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

RIP .Will be sadly missed.I guess you could nearly call him one of our own as his mother was from Wexford
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Terry

Post by Terry »

System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

David Bowie’s ★ Blackstar has sold out on vinyl until the end of the month...

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-fa ... the-month/

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
LostBoy(IRL)

Post by LostBoy(IRL) »

Still have all his early work on tape! Have some on vinyl, none on CD.
Not sure I want to get his new stuff though. Listened to it so often for quite a few years that when I stopped listening to it, I completely stopped. Overdosed, have to go back and start at the begining
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

LostBoy(IRL) wrote:Still have all his early work on tape! Have some on vinyl, none on CD.
Not sure I want to get his new stuff though. Listened to it so often for quite a few years that when I stopped listening to it, I completely stopped. Overdosed, have to go back and start at the begining
Oddly enough Blackstar is a good way to get back into him. Obviously new but nods to his earlier stuff too.

tony

Post by tony »

Plenty of tributes out there, first one especially for Nigel maybe the second video gives a better view.The Roots band seem very good and the other one below is worth staying with imho.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.