Battery Power Supply

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Battery Power Supply

Post by nige2000 »

i think the latest news is that ricks batteries are ok and their maintenance chargers have given up

this is what ive hooked up on the test bench for 4 cells test

4 regs 4 rectifiers and 2 transformers =12.8v
so far seems to cope with 5amp draw at 12.8v
it does need to be heat sinked as individual cells can draw up to 3a

http://ie.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... reId=10163

also need 4 caps too

i must try some diodes between the regs and cells in case currents go the wrong direction?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

This will be the exact arrangement (position) of the parts and with one extra device (mobo clock).
Will this connection of the mobo clock be OK, or if is there any other (simpler, better) suggestion?
I can ad one extra on/off switch if needed.

I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:This will be the exact arrangement (position) of the parts and with one extra device (mobo clock).
Will this connection of the mobo clock be OK, or if is there any other (simpler, better) suggestion?
I can ad one extra on/off switch if needed.

only necessary to put +3.3 through the switches
gnds can be permanently connected
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

You know how much is my expertise with this!! :)

Do you mean something like this:

I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:Image
Thanks Nigel.
That make more sense. :)

Separately on/off charging batteries and separately on/off devices.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Will it charging the 3.3v batteries with the 25A PS cause any troubles?

I just heard that so many amps will be very bad for charging?!
Since I have no clue, can somebody more qualified answer that........before I turn on the switch? :)
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sima66 wrote:Will it charging the 3.3v batteries with the 25A PS cause any troubles?

Since I have no clue, can somebody more qualified answer that........before I turn on the switch? :)
If your PS is outputting 3.3V @ 25Amps through a regulator then it can damage the battery if the battery is below 3V or so. If you are always charging a 3.3V battery i.e trickle charging it then there is no problem - the battery will only draw a small amount of current.

But again - a warning - don't let your battery go to low charge as it will try to draw a large amount of current & if the PS & regulator can supply this, it may damage the battery.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

jkeny wrote:
sima66 wrote:Will it charging the 3.3v batteries with the 25A PS cause any troubles?

If your PS is outputting 3.3V @ 25Amps through a regulator then it can damage the battery if the battery is below 3V or so. If you are always charging a 3.3V battery i.e trickle charging it then there is no problem - the battery will only draw a small amount of current.

But again - a warning - don't let your battery go to low charge as it will try to draw a large amount of current & if the PS & regulator can supply this, it may damage the battery.
Thanks John, so in the other words, if careful it's no problem.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sima66 wrote: Thanks John, so in the other words, if careful it's no problem.
Yep!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.