MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

Beresford wrote:
sbgk wrote:
Beresford wrote:I would love to use recent versions on my Lenovo SSE4.2 laptops, but mqndevinfo crashes out (exception c000001d) on W7, W10, or 2012R2 (fresh install). Nor will regedit find "tusbaudio_enum".
Am I missing something? My DAC is a hiface based JKDAC32, which uses some sort of block mode, so could this be the problem?

requires kernel streaming asynchronous mode to work, so likely blocking mode won't work.
mqndevinfo has the problem. Kernel streaming appears to work ok in JPLAY.
mqndevinfo checks for wavecyclic kernel streaming, jplay may be using something else.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded play v162, control v55 and loader v32, previous version was a bit cold in it's presentation, this is more natural.

Am using a McCoy Tyner album New York Reunion from HD Tracks for testing, sounds fantastic, lot's going on and difficult to make it sound good, but these latest versions are doing so.

uploaded play v163, playing around with the kernel streaming settings, removed one and increased the priority of another, produces a very intimate sound.

uploaded v164 which has the setting removed, but at normal priority for comparison.

one of the benefits of ks vs wasapi and asio is the number of things that can be configured that affect the sound.
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

So I finally got MQn to play through foobar. I should have done it long ago, it wasn't too hard once I sat down, and worked through it.

I've put instructions on how I did it in my blog
http://randytsuch-audio.blogspot.com/20 ... setup.html
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

thanks man!
randytsuch wrote:So I finally got MQn to play through foobar. I should have done it long ago, it wasn't too hard once I sat down, and worked through it.

sebna

Post by sebna »

randytsuch wrote:So I finally got MQn to play through foobar. I should have done it long ago, it wasn't too hard once I sat down, and worked through it.

Thank you for the instructions.

Could your method be adjusted to make foobar work without MQNLoader and just with MQN.bat?

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

sebna wrote: Thank you for the instructions.

Could your method be adjusted to make foobar work without MQNLoader and just with MQN.bat?

Cheers
I added this to my instructions

If you want to used MQn.bat,
instead of C:\musicplayer\MQnload.exe
type C:\musicplayer\MQn.bat
Pointing to where MQn.bat is located.

So, the last line in the action lists window for playmqn will say
Launch "C:\musicplayer\MQn.bat"
after you're done.

Hope that helps.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

I tried to get a foobar remote control program working yesterday, either through an ipad or android phone.

I tried monkeymote lite on my ipad, and foobar controller on the phone, neither worked right.

I think it has to do with the special setup for MQn.

Worst case, I can use a VNC program, but I think a program designed for foobar will be easier to use.

Anybody with foobar working have a remote program working correctly?

Randy
sebna

Post by sebna »

Yes I had it working but back then it was not with MQN as underlying sound engine. There is this very good APP for android for it. I will post once I check what was it called.
sebna

Post by sebna »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... npro&hl=en

that is the one. The author is very communicative so even if it does not work right away with MQN we might be able to convince him to make it work.

Cheers
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

sebna wrote:https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... npro&hl=en

that is the one. The author is very communicative so even if it does not work right away with MQN we might be able to convince him to make it work.

Cheers
OK, thanks. I was going to try that one.

I was also looking at upnp/dnla stuff, which may also work, but I'll try foobarcon first and see if that works with MQn.

Randy