Recent Purchases

Ciaran

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Ciaran »

Diapason wrote:Bad sound certainly (it sounded like it was transferred from some 78s or something), but the real problem was dull performance, lacking any stylistic touches at all, just pedestrian playing.
I do love a good organ record, but there seem to be an awful lot of very pedestrian ones out there!

Note to self: must get some of those spicy mean-tone organ records Si recommended!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ciaran wrote: I do love a good organ record, but there seem to be an awful lot of very pedestrian ones out there!
There really are, and the more I learn, the more I realise just *how bad* so many of them are. It's a minefield.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

On last Tuesday I rejoined the ranks of the gainfully employed after a nine week spell of unemployment so to celebrate the event I decided to treat myself to a collection of recordings, the first of which arrived this morning:

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Congratulations Seán, both on the purchase and, more importantly, the new job!!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:Congratulations Seán, both on the purchase and, more importantly, the new job!!!
Thanks Simon.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

congrats Sean!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:On last Tuesday I rejoined the ranks of the gainfully employed after a nine week spell of unemployment so to celebrate the event I decided to treat myself to a collection of recordings, the first of which arrived this morning:

Well done on both counts Seán....and enjoy both odysseys!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:Bad sound certainly (it sounded like it was transferred from some 78s or something), but the real problem was dull performance, lacking any stylistic touches at all, just pedestrian playing.
Thank you Simon....I will pay particular attention when I get to listen to it.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
mcq

Post by mcq »

Seán wrote:On last Tuesday I rejoined the ranks of the gainfully employed after a nine week spell of unemployment so to celebrate the event I decided to treat myself to a collection of recordings, the first of which arrived this morning:

That is good news, Sean. Congratulations on the new job.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Congratulations, Seán! Good luck with the new job, and may it last as long as you need it to!