Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Diapason

Re: Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Post by Diapason »

The deal is done, the money has been sent, the leap of faith has been...leaped.

Hopefully they'll arrive some time next week or early the week after. I'll keep you posted.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:The deal is done, the money has been sent, the leap of faith has been...leaped.

Hopefully they'll arrive some time next week or early the week after. I'll keep you posted.
Well done you fool.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ivor wrote: Well done you fool.
LOL, what could be foolish about sending several thousand Euro to a man on the internet you've never met who promises to send you speakers you've never heard?
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:
Ivor wrote: Well done you fool.
LOL, what could be foolish about sending several thousand Euro to a man on the internet you've never met who promises to send you speakers you've never heard?
I've done it myself many times and been very happy with the results!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

A worrying week or two for you. Have you told her indoors yet? Enjoy.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ken Moreland wrote:A worrying week or two for you. Have you told her indoors yet? Enjoy.
KM
The main worry is that the shipping goes smoothly and nobody drives a forklift over them. I won't be completely relaxed about that until they're sitting in position in the man cave. As regards the transaction itself, all dealings with the guy have been 100% confidence-instilling. We spoke on the phone yesterday, chatted about hifi (he's upgrading to Wilson Sashas, doesn't like Magicos, is a fan of Spectral amps but only with MIT cabling, etc!) and he's sent me any number of photos, proof of purchase, all that stuff. He's also going to send me photos of the boxing up process so we can unpack them correctly at our end. I think I'm buying his babies, tbh, they definitely seem to have been treated well.

Her indoors has actually been behind this from the word go. In fact, she eventually got tired of all the back and forth last week and sent me an email saying "Jesus Simon. Stop your bloody dithering and initiate the transfer." Although as she said to me this morning: "Just think you'll have a whole new system to agonise over, moving them backwards and forwards by inches, wondering if you need a new amp, concerned you're not getting the best out of them. That should tide you over till next summer at least".
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Love It...well done Simon....first thread that has got me excited in a while, I can only imagine your going to be tip top for a while!!

Post by Ivor »

Simon. She's a keeper.

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ivor wrote:Simon. She's a keeper.
She really is.

Pearse, I must admit I'm quite excited myself. I wasn't expecting to buy anything this soon, and the flurry of activity has taken me by surprise, but I can't wait to get them now. I think they'll look utterly massive in the man-cave, bordering on ridiculous, but as the aforementioned Hazel said "so what?!"
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:
Ken Moreland wrote:A worrying week or two for you. Have you told her indoors yet? Enjoy.
KM
The main worry is that the shipping goes smoothly and nobody drives a forklift over them. I won't be completely relaxed about that until they're sitting in position in the man cave. As regards the transaction itself, all dealings with the guy have been 100% confidence-instilling. We spoke on the phone yesterday, chatted about hifi (he's upgrading to Wilson Sashas, doesn't like Magicos, is a fan of Spectral amps but only with MIT cabling, etc!) and he's sent me any number of photos, proof of purchase, all that stuff. He's also going to send me photos of the boxing up process so we can unpack them correctly at our end. I think I'm buying his babies, tbh, they definitely seem to have been treated well.

Her indoors has actually been behind this from the word go. In fact, she eventually got tired of all the back and forth last week and sent me an email saying "Jesus Simon. Stop your bloody dithering and initiate the transfer." Although as she said to me this morning: "Just think you'll have a whole new system to agonise over, moving them backwards and forwards by inches, wondering if you need a new amp, concerned you're not getting the best out of them. That should tide you over till next summer at least".
Ah that is brilliant Simon, I can just hear her saying it to you now. All the best with the purchase.

The beauty of a good wife: they think we're daft but respect our ocd, oops sorry, our passion.
Last edited by Seán on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler