Online overseas classifieds

Ivor

Re: Online overseas classifieds

Post by Ivor »

I had a similar one a while back for a car I was selling. The buyer wanted it by the Saturday for his daughters birthday. Basically he would send me a bank draft and I'd pay a transport company to pick.it up for him, he would generously add €100 for my trouble. He only made general inquiries about condition but really a 1994 2 litre Mercedes estate struck me as an odd present for a young girl! Presumably he'd want me to pay this company before Saturday and the draft wouldn't have cleared by then. It was dodgy from the start.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

jkeny wrote:Ken, any idea how that scam would work? It sounds like the financial side of the transaction was fairly watertight. I'm guessing that some last minute changes from the above scenario would probably happen.

Not sure John, I didn't get to talk to DHL, I haven't heard of such a system but I'm guessing I'd have received somthing purporting to look like a DHL doc , paid my money and waited and waited.

The clincher was finding same pics on Ebay from a buyer with some history.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ken Moreland wrote:
jkeny wrote:Ken, any idea how that scam would work? It sounds like the financial side of the transaction was fairly watertight. I'm guessing that some last minute changes from the above scenario would probably happen.

Not sure John, I didn't get to talk to DHL, I haven't heard of such a system but I'm guessing I'd have received somthing purporting to look like a DHL doc , paid my money and waited and waited.

The clincher was finding same pics on Ebay from a buyer with some history.
KM
Yea, looks like it's a escrow scam using fake DHL invoice https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... 10&t=93778
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

That looks like it ok, well found John.
Looking at the photos on the ebay link there are some freshly plastered walls left unfinished like any audiophile , so they look very genuine. The scammer used these rather than stock photos making it all look real.

He originally claimed he was from UK but his English wasn't perfect as we might expect and as he said I'm from UK but now i'm in Germany at some relatives, for holiday and I post them from here and from here I will ship them. strange to go on holiday to relatives and have these babies with him.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
block

Post by block »

These guys are really getting inventive its worrying but €2500 focal scala would be to be good to be true you wouldn't even get the diablos for that money. I guess we all wish that we can grab a bargain and the seller just wants to be rid of it or not knowing the true value.
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

I see this messer is doing the same with an ARC amp:

http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/lis ... 115/135266
I think the real one is on ebay http://www.hifishark.com/goto/65_281725515887/28388284

The nerve! I would be really peed off if I found my photos being abused like this by a scammer. Mind you just shows how good the shark is for spotting duplicates like this.
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

I had him chased off the asylum but he's still at it! http://www.myaudioshop.com/user/barrachina
block

Post by block »

The euro being so low buying from other European countries seems to be the better deal at the moment. It always felt safer to me to buy on the usual UK forums but after conversion it is similar to buying 2nd hand from a dealer so might as well buy here if the right one comes along.
I see an ad on donedeal that I have my doubts about after I asked if I can audition and what the asking price of the speakers which I was told he was only selling as a whole with the amp and cables. Did a google image search as advised in this thread and found out it was lifted from a forum.

http://www.donedeal.ie/audioequipment-f ... ?offset=23
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

At least donedeal has a phone number so you call and ask a few questions. By the way how did you do the image search, I couldn't find the forum you refer to.

Cheers